• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Question About Loud Horns

Bluenight

I have been looking for a really loud motorcycle horn. I have heard that the Stebel Horn is suppose to be a good horn. Does anyone have any experience using this horn or do you know of a better one.
Thanks,
Charles

I've got two

Nautilus, one on my Vespa and one on my R75/6. People WILL hear you. I'm thinking about putting one in my Honda Fit as well.

+1

It is perfect for getting those texting nitwits to drop their phone.

Had a woman throw her coffee cup in the air, drop her phone and her newspaper while drifting into my lane. :laugh

She was not amused. I was not dead. Seemed like an even deal to me.

She wet her pants and you're unhurt. Much more than even deal.
I love my Steblel Nautilus horn, and an looking for a location to mount one in my car.

The factory horns on a K1100LT are extremely loud. Harbor Frieght also has a very loud horn.

The stock horns on my '03 RT are extremely loud. I believe they are the dual Fiamm's.

I've complained to BMW NA management about later RT and GS horns being feeble scooter horns. I can't understand why BMW got it so right with my bike and so wrong with later model bikes.

Harry

here is another option I think is a good idea.......

http://screaming-banshee.com/home

Landing%20Page%20-%20Banshee%20Horn%20Black.png

No Affiliation.....

I've got the Stebel Nautilus on my '05 R1200GS. It certainly helps my on my commute in NYC.

Excel Cycle Werkes sells a mounting kit with everything you'd need for an R-bike.

webBikeWorld has a good selection of articles on MC horns, and comparisons, here.

Just make sure you plug in the relay properly. I did not and blew mine out after less than a year. Of course, the $14 relay was the last thing I checked, after buying dual-Fiamms and a trick wiring kit from Eastern Beaver. I keep the relay as a reminder to check the simple (and cheap!) parts first.

Horns

The '03 RT came with two Bosch horns, high and low. Very loud and effective. No sense in changing.

Back