• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

P3 lights

dbaliko

I just installed a set of P3 LED auxiliary brake lights on my '07 R1200RT. WOW are they bright. They will definitely catch the attention of someone behind me. Well worth the money in my humble opinion. Plus an easy install.

http://www.skenedesign.com/lights/

Doug

Last edited:
:thumb It would be nice for a fill in as to what bike you put the on, any install trouble, depending on the bike the wiring tie in point and any other helpful suggestions for someone who wants to try adding the lights. Gary

Gary,
I edited my post a bit. Thanks. There are very clear instructions on the web sight with images. It took me about 30 minutes to install on my RT.

Doug

P3s are awesome and definitely well worth the money! I've had mine for about a month now and am really impressed.

I bought both the P3's and front of bike photon blasters at the Redmund rally. Had to wait a bit for the latter as he didn't have the right bolt at the rally. Had them both installed a week ago as I am not a DIY. Took about 1.5 hours for a pro but everything is neat and secure.

My take on the P3's is that they about double the visible size of the tail light on my K100. The best feature though is the pulsing brake light. In default position (there are a number of options) you get two very quick flashes then two more flashes before a steady on when you hit either brake. Good in lots of situations to call attention to yourself and great when you are stuck at a light with no car behind you. Just pull and release your front brake as a car approaches in your mirror.

There is certainly competition in the flashing LED brake light department. Not sure if this is the cheapest or best, but it seemingly works with all bikes because it is mounted on the license plate, not a replacement for your OEM taillight/brake light.

The photon blaster is another device intended to call the attention of inatentive motorists, much like low-wattage "marker lights," and like them, of no use in lighting up the road at night. The flicker of orange lights in a really weird position SHOULD get peoples attention.

Frankly, I've had very few other motorists do bad things because they didn't "see me" in some 14 years of riding. I guess my white bike and white helmet usually get their attention. So I see these lights as just additional insurance. I still have to pay attention, but maybe they will save me some day when I screw up.

I believe having a pulsing headlight (legal everywhere, I believe) is absolutely your best protection from oncoming vehicles. And I personally find them as offensive as loud pipes. So I won't buy one.

We all make our choices and who said they have to be rational.

Back