• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Texas Sized Disease

R

RogerD

Hello from Texas:
My name is Roger and I'm a bikoholic. First it was a 99 R1200C and it has progressed to a 02 R1150RT. The most difficult times occur in the spring and fall when I cannot resist the urge to ride. This is when my wife and son attend bikealnon most regularly. They seem to be coping much better than I and have learned to avoid situations which cause them to be bikco-dependant.
Regardless, some afflictions can be dealt with by simply accepting the inevitable. In my case, I've accepted the fact that I have no will-power and cannot resist the temptations a BMW M/C has to offer.
Can I have your number to call if I ever decide to fight this terrible disease? Hopefully, one of my brothers of BMWMOA will rescue me from reality!
Roger D.:brow

The Cure....

Well, first we have to reduce the risk you will backslide. One of the bikes (or at least the current one, if you got rid of one...) hasta GO! For a small handling charge, I will remove the temptation posed by either of your bikes. I am a professional, and can guarantee results. Just leave the bike in the parking lot of Wolf Pen Creek Amphitheater in CS, or the Palace Theater in Bryan if that is too far to walk home. Leave the keys in the ignition, sign the title and slip it into the tool pouch.
:dance

JimBob

1980 R100RT
1968 R50/X (unknown)
1978 SR500
1971 Rokon RT-140
(and my wife's Honda Airblade in Saigon)

Back