• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

if you won the lottery...

the Wizard of Oz
...or came into a big wad of seriously crazy dough, where would you go to get all the bikeS you bought with the winnings set up, tricked out, farkled, painted, etc.?

and what would you get?

woo ho

cool start. thanx. I just want to be prep'd when it happens.

what about airhead BMWs and side car rigs???:scratch

I would keep my R1200R, maybe buy a second one and travel even more. Might camp a bit less tho.....

I like the "buy a dealership" idea. If that was not possible, I would buy 2 bikes. Triumph Daytona R, and a 1600 GT.
I think those would look good next to a Super 7 ;)

I'd keep what I got, fix some things on the K. Definitely quit my job and ride more.

I'd buy a few members here a new bike...and park a 50's tractor with a modern Chevy Corvette engine wedged in it in one of those fellas driveways:whistle
Of course I would buy him one of those new fangled bikes as well:laugh

I have been playing the Canadian 649 Lottery for 30+ years and have always wondered what if?

I am some what of an optimist and maybe a dreamer and I made a list just for this contingency.

Get a dealer plate

1955 Vincent
1979 Honda CBX
1969 Honda CB750 Sandcast
1974 Rickman Honda
1960 Norton Manx 500
1969 Kawasaki 500
1968 BSA Starfire
1965 Honda Supercub
1965 Velocette Venom
1990 Honda GB500
1972 Dunstall Norton
1973 Dunstall Honda
1923 BMW R32
1969 BMW R69S
1961 R50S
1974 R90S
1977 R100RS
1984 R100RS
1995 R100GS PD

I could go on!

Wish me luck tonight!

I would put a top flight mechanic on my personal payroll, and buy, ride, keep some, and then sell dozens of bikes. I would have a small fleet for when friends stop by and need to test them out.

My motorcycle habit would escalate past Charlie Sheen's stripper habit.

Now I gotta go buy tickets darnit.

...I 've always dreamed of owning a Brough Superior...

Me too and that would be my first purchase. I would also have my rider gear tailored by Norton & Sons on Savile Road in London. After that I would just rent a bike in which ever country I am in. Let others worry about ownership.

You think if I had unlimited funds I would stick with just one brand ? :whistle

A number of years ago we were sitting around the office having this discussion about the lottery. I said that I thought I'd just keep working. My boss said no I wouldn't. I said I thought I would. He said, "No, I'd fire you. I can't supervise you now and you need the money". I thought at the time he had a good point. I was a bit independent.

I think this subject has come up on virtually every motorcycle forum I've ever looked at. My opinions on this subject have changed over the years.

First, I'd probably do a full restoration on my current R100RS.

Then, I'd probably buy a K1600GT for real touring purposes.

I may pick up either a Sportster 48 or a Sportster 72...just because they look like fun. Maybe both!

I suspect I would probably be moving a lot of bikes through the gigantic heated garage that I would own; meaning they'd come and go. If filthy rich, I can't see that I'd fill up a place with many motorcycles. I can see maybe 5, at the most, at any given time, but the makes and models would be pretty diverse. The R100RS will be mine as long as I'm taking breath on this earth. That goes for whether I win the lottery or not. I'd also probably always have a current BMW sport-tourer or touring bike.

-Buy an existing foundry/machine shop so I could create whatever I dreamed up. Employ honest people. Then, I'd start a museum in the back side of my foundry/machine shop. Slap on a fancy restaurant. Build a blacksmith shop and glass blowing studio next to it and sell trinkets to yuppies.
-Full restoration of my /2 sidecar rig.
-Buell XB21R in arctic white.

That'd be heaven.

I would get a tour bus all decked out with a chase crew, and a chef. They would preposition themselves for wherever I would end up each day....hop off the bike, hand it over to the mechanic and enjoy a good meal. Wake up the next morning and repeat. Did I mention the bus would be large enough to have several bikes transported? I wouldn't want to overwork my mechanic!

Back