• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1994 K75S Tapping In Oil Seal on a Water Pump

Slipster

Slipster
I thought I had better start a new thread as this aspect of my situation now has nothing to do with Water Pump Sealant ;)

I am looking for guidance on installing the oil seal into my water pump. Open end points to the oil side of the pump - got that. The instructions say to tap into place using a hammer and a 19mm socket. This is where I don't get it.:banghead

The seal just drops in with no effort. I am tapping it into what and how far?

The seal appears to be the correct size and does marry up to the water seal ok.

I just need some deja vu :dunno

Installed the seals. Used ThreeBond Sealant. Installed and let the gasket sealant cure.
Put fluids in. Took it for a ride. No anything out the weep hole. No anything around the pump. Whew!. Thanks to all for your great guidance and support.

Everything is easy once you know how :dance

Back