• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Seek Advice On Jacket/Pants Combo

sickticket

Going to RevZilla on Saturday to pick up a new set of riding gear. I live in SE Pa and, since I work second shift, half of my riding time will be at night through bambi territory. I seriously doubt I will be riding when it's really cold or snowy and don't plan on riding in the rain unless caught by it.
Will be doing 55 mi. a day for work and what every I can grab during the weekend. My wife and I thought the BMW jacket at the dealer looked and wore great but at $800++, I just could not justify that kind of money for just the jacket.
Looking for convertable cool to warm riding gear and great venting when needed. Also, protection is mandatory.
You guys and gals have been very helpful so far. What are your thoughts?

BMW Street Guard III

I have a set and they are excellent. Expensive but cheaper than skin grafting. Good ventilation until high 90's and well made. Very comfortable and very waterproof.
You are worth quality gear!
Campbell J Tellman II
:thumb

Take a look at the Olympia AST Jacket and Ranger pants. I got mine from Revzilla. I've worn this combo in weather from 109 degrees last July and on trip from TN to New England and back October with temps ranging from mid 80's to to low 30's. the trip to NE included a lot of rainy weather. Both are waterproof shells with Liners for warmth. I was protected from the heat and cold. I'm a fan.

I am a bit of a clothes whore have a bunch of BMW gear (I like that I can zip any pants to any jacket) and a couple of motoport Kevlar mesh suits. Since you are going to Revzilla try on the Revit stuff a friend that has them speaks highly of it and they seem to be of good quality construction.

If you try the Revit gear, make sure you try it on with your helmet and face shield closed if you wear a modular. I have a Schuberth C3 helmet and Revit Tornado suit and the collar bunches up around the helmet neck latch (very uncomfortable).

Back