• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Crash on the way to Shilo rally/need parts

DJERROLDS

Well the trip to Shilo rally didn't go quite as planned. I made it about 30 mi from Pickwick and woke up in the back of an ambulance. I have no idea what happen.Alot of scuff and bruises. If i did'nt wear a full face helment it would have been alot worse, apparently I went down face first , not even a scuff on my gloves. If anyone has a upper faring and left front foot peg let me know. I think a good body shop can repair the side panels.
Thanks,
Don

Don sorry to hear about your crash. I had a bearing go out in my transmission. I hope the parts come today to repair the transmission.

Don

Last edited:
It sounds as if you either hit an obstacle in the road, were rear-ended by an SUV, or struck by a meteor.

I'm certainly glad you're substantially okay. I recently went down when a Verizon service truck pulled out head-on about 20 feet in front of me on a narrow side street. Luckily I had come to a full stop when he rammed me lightly (chatting on his cell phone). I was unhurt except for a cracked rib, but my K75S is still in surgery awaiting an upper front side panel.

It happens.

I am glad you are ok. We heard about your accident at the rally.
You may want to check ebay for parts.

Last edited:
Well it has been over a week now, and i still dont remember the accident but I am ok i type alittle slower and can't ever find my coffee or pen. I get a ct scan this week but i feel all will be ok. I have located a center faring but still no foot peg or turn signal. For now I may leave thr war wound on the left side. I think the radiator can be repaired. With no real delays i will be riding again in about two weeks. thanks for the support

Back