• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R100RT Fairing Part Needed...Help

M

MGB53

I need to replace the linier gasket that trims the fairing between the outer shell and the inner pocket area - both sides - Does anyone know if a gasket substitute is out there anywhere? My Local BMW shop is clueless on this part. thanks

Several years ago I bought the gasket that you are talking about. My parts CD lists the part number as 46 63 2 307 190. The length is 640mm according to the parts CD. Does that sound like the right length?

R100RT linier gasket

I'm not sure about the length...it runs up both sides of the inner
fairing about 18 inches or so...maybe more.

I'll run that parts # by my BMW shop and see if it helps them
locate the part.

thanks.
mb

R100RT fairing gasket

KIOOLT - Thanks for the part #. MY local shop here in Dallas
was able to look it up, match it to the schematic, and order two of the gaskets. (one for each side) They even thought they had them in stock, but could only find the parts box in the back room.
But they'll be here in about a week...coming from Ontario.
Thanks so much.
MB Dallas Tx

Back