• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Better photos

rangerreece

RangerReece
So in this months ON there was a submission about taking better photos of our bikes. The author advocated getting at eye level with the bike. So on my way home from work I thought I would get the old iPhone out and put the technique to the test.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

And after watching a large herd of pigs cross the road, I crested the hill near tabernacle stage field and stopped to try to capture the sunset. Small flash on iPhone just enough to illuminate reflectors up close and not much else.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Sunset pics are nice. I am still surprised by the quality of photos these phone's cameras can take.

I saw that suggestion regarding lower camera shots. I don't necessarily agree. When I saw the comparison, I liked the the eye level better. I can see the bike better. But It's good to mix it up. IMHO

Very nice shots. makes the bike look "sexy"!
You should always get down to your subject's level, whether it be your motorcycle, your child, or your pet.

Being at eye level generally makes the shot more intimate. But I think the reason the shot showing the rear of the bike works is that the background is much less distracting than the previous shots.

Dan,
I couldn't agree more about the background. As it turns out, finding a decent background for a macadam limited bike; more challenging than it looks.

As it turns out, finding a decent background for a macadam limited bike; more challenging than it looks.

word...

i-rR6XGZb-XL.jpg

Hey all...going to slide this over to Photography :thumb

And quit showing off your skills rdalland :wave

And after watching a large herd of pigs cross the road, I crested the hill near tabernacle stage field and stopped to try to capture the sunset. Small flash on iPhone just enough to illuminate reflectors up close and not much else.

I like the night shots. Here is one of mine that I'm particularly fond of.

IMG_1251c.jpg

Hey all...going to slide this over to Photography :thumb

And quit showing off your skills rdalland :wave

Sorry for not getting it in the right forum. I think I subconsciously avoided the photography forum because the "photos free association" doesn't allow dialogue I may have thought that the whole forum is that way, I say subconsciously because consciously I know that's not the case. I'll do better next time.

Sorry for not getting it in the right forum. I think I subconsciously avoided the photography forum because the "photos free association" doesn't allow dialogue I may have thought that the whole forum is that way, I say subconsciously because consciously I know that's not the case. I'll do better next time.

No big issue at all , just doing a little housekeeping.
Photography is farther down the page and wonder why more folks do not participate.

There is a commentary companion thread regarding Free Association pics as well. Sometimes it is near the FA thread, sometimes it falls off the page from no action. Join in and dialogue away.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?23432-Photos-Free-Association-COMMENTARY

Last edited:
Back