• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Riding to Death Valley: Bikers Riding Against Human Trafficking

J

JadeRider

Notforsale_Rider_thn.jpg

[ Sponsor Me link ]​

Dear Fellow BMWMOA Riders,
This is all about riding to make a difference, and with the hope to show that we, as bikers, we can both ride with a purpose, and that we do not need 10,000 biker rallies to do something meaningful. Each biker can ride wherever we please, set up our own rider schedule, time, direction, and distance, and make each mile count.

On September 4th of this year, I will leave on a 5,000 mile solo motorcycle trip from Houston to cross Death Valley, the Mojave Desert and back. The impetus behind this trip is to raise funds to combat Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery around the globe. During the trip I will blog daily, post photos of the trip, and you will be able to track my progress via a satellite link up through my blog.

Today I am asking you to consider joining my efforts to raise funds and awareness to help the 27,000,000 victims of Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery, and to keep this number from growing. You can do so in a couple of ways:

i) you can become a ride supporter by making a donation to the Not For Sale Campaign;
ii) you can also support the trip and its purpose with your prayers.

If you choose help me raise funds for the Not For Sale Campaign , or support me in prayer during this trip, please visit this page of my blog,

While my goal is to raise $2,700 smashing this target into 27,000,000 pieces would be a dream come true.

[All donations will be processed directly by the Not For Sale campaign. Money from donations will not be used to finance this trip]

Over the last couple of years I started looking for ways to ride with a purpose that would go beyond my personal and self-centered satisfactions. In February of this year, after attending a presentation by David Batsone, founder of the Not For Sale Campaign against modern day slavery and human trafficking, I felt called to focus my passion for motorcycling, photography, and writing on making a difference in the fight to eradicate this plight that affects over 27,000,000 people around this world. This number is a greater number than at any other point in the world's history. Slavery exists in the forms of sex trafficking, domestic servitude, factory and farm slavery, and child soldier slavery, but is not limited to these forms. Trafficking alone is estimated to have a $9 billion dollar profit for those involved each year. Modern day slavery is essentially the same as Human trafficking, which ships slaves from their home land to another for the purposes of enslavement. "Approximately 600,000 to 800,000 victims annually are trafficked across international borders worldwide, and between 14,500 and 17,500 of those victims are trafficked into the U.S., according to the U.S. Department of State"

Organizations such as the Not For Sale Campaign are engaged in spreading awareness about slavery and human trafficking. They work closely with local organizations in rescuing victims, along with sheltering initiatives that allow them to rebuild their lives.

Extend the power of the message. Recruit five supporters

Information about the trip, updates from the road, and a link to the pledge page can be found at
Chains-Breaking-Chains
http://www.jaderiderjourneys.com/ChainsBreakingChains/

Thank you for considering joining me in support of this humanitarian effort

Information about the Not For Sale Campaign can be found at

NotForSale
http://www.notforsalecampaign.org/

Carlos
---------------
http://www.notforsalecampaign.org/

15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
Hebrews 2

You want to do something about human trafficking? Why don't you forget the interior parks and highways and ride the SW border. Head straight South from Dallas and ride the border roads and highways. Take particular pains to ride the small 2 lanes along the Arizona Southern border then cross up a bit North towards California.

Publicise the devastation of the ecology along the way as well.

Back