• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Grand Prize Winners

S

STLRTRider

Anyone know who the Grand Prize Winners are? I had to leave before the Closing Ceremonies Saturday and I was sure I was going to win that new K1200S. :wow

STL RT Rider said:
Anyone know who the Grand Prize Winners are? I had to leave before the Closing Ceremonies Saturday and I was sure I was going to win that new K1200S. :wow

You didn't! :D

R90S Winner: Jim Stocking, Indianapolis

Jim Stocking, an Indianapolis BMW Club member who rides a K1200RS, won the R90S.
He posted this note to the Indy Club e-mail list today:

Greetings Gang
Well the beautifully restored R90S is safely in its new home here in Broad Ripple. I received a phone call from Ray Zimmerman at about 9:30 am Sunday with the news that I had won. (Wayne Garrison had already called the night before!)
I was given the option of having it shipped but volunteered to come get it. (the least I could do) Rally chairs Brian and Sue Manke spent over an hour with me talking about the bike. They organized all the work that was done to bring this machine to its present condition. Much of the work was done by them as well. Brian even took it for one last spin around the grounds.
My list of "thank you" letters will be long as so many folks were involved in this project.
My name may go on the title, but as far as I am concerned, this bike belongs to the members of the MOA and I am simply the care taker. A job that I am delighted to undertake.
Regards
Jim
aka Jimmy Rocket

Jim is the second Indianapolis BMW Club member to win a bike at an MOA national rally. Charlie Thomas (now deceased) won the K75LT at Oshkosh in 1993.

Congrats to Jim! Sounds like that R90S will have a good home.

I understand that a Canuck won the K1200S. Congrats to him as well!

What a deal! Where else can you go and have a 1 in 8 or 9 thousand chance of winning a $15,000 motorcycle? Well, maybe next year ... :thumb

IndyGT said:
My name may go on the title, but as far as I am concerned, this bike belongs to the members of the MOA and I am simply the care taker..
Take good care of her for me , I'll need her the week of Aug 5 to the 12th 2006 OK? :wow

STL RT Rider said:
Congrats to Jim! Sounds like that R90S will have a good home.

I understand that a Canuck won the K1200S. Congrats to him as well!

What a deal! Where else can you go and have a 1 in 8 or 9 thousand chance of winning a $15,000 motorcycle? Well, maybe next year ... :thumb

That would be . . . congrats to HER as well! :clap

Back