• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1985 K100RS Newby between Kenosha and Chicago.

:usaHello all, I am introducing myself to the forum. My background is in Cabinetmaking and Sailing. I have owned a few bikes over the years, Goldwing, XS650 Cbs 550, 360, 350/4 etc
My bike is an '85 K100RS Alaskan Blue with 13,000 miles. I just picked it up and it is being checked over as I am writing this. I am also a member of the K100 forum and I am looking forward to meeting other local riders to tag along with, from time to time. My wife and I do alot of sailboat racing on weekends (Kenosha Yacht Club) during the summer but we also want to get some rides in. Looking forward to hearing from some fellow brick owners and/or any local folks.

UJ (Uncle Jim, my sailing students gave me that knickname)flying brick.jpg

Welcome Uncle Jim -

I'm sure you're looking forward to getting on the bike...hurry up summer, right? The Chicago Region has quite a BMW following...you're in good company up there. BTW...what's behind the graphic you included with your post?

Welcome Uncle Jim -

. BTW...what's behind the graphic you included with your post?

Hello and thanks for having the distinction of being the first (and so far only ) to welcome me. I am also not too sure on the Chicago Following yet, because we are all hunkered down in our own little worlds around here.

This cartoon called Ignatz and Krazy Kat first was published in 1913 by G Herriman. Later in the 60's they made a Children's Cartoon out of the concept. It involved the big sister like Krazy Kat trying to get her mischievious mouse friend Ignatz to play with her, He always begrudgingly accomodated her. He would play tricks on her when she wasn't looking, and when he couldn't stand her anymore, Ignatz the mouse would heave a brick at her head (this would never fly today). But when the brick hit her in the head she her psychological reaction was to fall madly and gushingly in more love with the mouse (sick, no?). Just the reaction he didn't want. I used to watch it as a kid and the brick thing never worked on my sister. So when I found out the at the K100 was refered to as the "flying brick", I thought it perfectly appropriate for my avatar. That is the story behind the image. I love my brick.
uj

Back