• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Newbie from coastal Maine

ralwhite

Hello everyone. Just joined the club. Having recently moved to Maine from Pennsylvania I bought a new R1200RT here this spring and spent all of my free time this summer checking out as many nooks and crannies along the coastline that I could. What a combination...a beemer and the Maine coastline!!!

Glad you got a chance to bond with your new ride this summer. Maine has to a beautiful place to ride in the summer. Enjoy!

Welcome aboard! I am jealous, my Maine coast time is maxed at a week in August, if I'm really lucky add a couple days at Christmas :)

Great Head, Acadia NP

Okay, so define coastal Maine -- it's something like 4,000 miles long!

And to Ted, I get there 6 or 8 times a year. This was Thursday morning, about an hour after sunrise, the light was fantastic!

8231727448_9a9728626c_b.jpg

Must be nice to be 3 hours away :) For me, from DC it is almost exactly 12 hours with stops at the Colony Diner for a 2am breakfast and then another great breakfast at the Miss Brunswick. Leave at 8pm, arrive at the ferry at 7:30 am just in time for the 8am ferry - longest 23 minutes of the trip!

Okay, so define coastal Maine -- it's something like 4,000 miles long!

It looks like you already have a pretty good understanding and appreciation for the coast of Maine. Glad you posted your picture...now I don't have to use poetry in a vain attempt to describe it...ha-ha.

Welcome...

ralwhite.... You win! New RT & nearby the Maine coast. Priceless!

Since others are revealing proximity; I'm only 1,077.7 miles from the
north "outskirts" of Freeport. I've ridden every road along the coast
with redlight's from there to Canada! But I've also turned down the path,
not-less traveled there. So I know how lucky you are.
And that character tommcgee does indeed have a pic or two;
of the whole shoot'in match from Maine rock #1 to Meat Cove NS... all
via the bike ride. Glad to have you aboard the club, ride well.

Travel'in John 04R150R

Must be nice to be 3 hours away :) For me, from DC it is almost exactly 12 hours with stops at the Colony Diner for a 2am breakfast and then another great breakfast at the Miss Brunswick. Leave at 8pm, arrive at the ferry at 7:30 am just in time for the 8am ferry - longest 23 minutes of the trip!

The ferry from Bar Harbor/Portland to Yarmouth stopped running two years ago.

I know, it is too bad for you and others that need to make that trek up around Bangor - especially the Rt. 3 part.

Fortunately the Lincolnville-Islesboro ferry is still running as strong as it has the last 40 or so years I've been riding it :)

I know, it is too bad for you and others that need to make that trek up around Bangor - especially the Rt. 3 part.

Rte 3 doesn't bother me, on the bike you can get around annoying traffic. Time of day/year also makes a diff.

Back