• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Russell Day-Long Dee-Lay

bobframe

Anyone else experiencing a long build cycle with their Russell Day Long saddle? My build date was June 13 and as of today (July 6), I have not yet been advised of the seat's completion. I called last week and asked for the status and was told I'd hear from them this week...no call.

Anyone else having a slow build?

Anyone else experiencing a long build cycle with their Russell Day Long saddle? My build date was June 13 and as of today (July 6), I have not yet been advised of the seat's completion. I called last week and asked for the status and was told I'd hear from them this week...no call.

Anyone else having a slow build?

This is "the season" for them. I'm sure that they are swamped this time of year. I had mine built in the off season and actually got it earlier than expected. I'm sure that its frustrating, but if its any consolation you will have a huge smile on your face when you do get it and you're 400 miles down the road and your butt isn't screaming at you to STOP......

Doug

This is "the season" for them. I'm sure that they are swamped this time of year. I had mine built in the off season and actually got it earlier than expected. I'm sure that its frustrating, but if its any consolation you will have a huge smile on your face when you do get it and you're 400 miles down the road and your butt isn't screaming at you to STOP......

Doug

Doug,

Probably right...fortunately I have another bike to ride and, during the heat of summer, I rarely ride. Still, I'm really looking forward to geting my new saddle.

If we could get the search feature to run as it used to, IIRC, it always seemed to be a wait for their seat. The good news is I don't think I've ever heard where the wait wasn't worth it. If you can, let us know what you think when you get a chance to ride on yours.
OM

waiting on my seat too

Build date 6-27-13 have heard or seen nothing

According to their website, Tips section;
http://www.day-long.com/seat_tips.html

Two to Three Weeks after the assigned production date are required for completing an order under normal circumstances. Because there are so many variables involved, no promise or commitment can be made regarding shipping or delivery dates.

Hold on, your seats are coming.

Got the call I was looking for...the new seat is done, paid for and shipped.

I'd love to see their build process-maybe it would explain how they can take three weeks to build a seat. They must do things in batches. Whatever they do, they build a great saddle.

Got the call I was looking for...the new seat is done, paid for and shipped.

I'd love to see their build process-maybe it would explain how they can take three weeks to build a seat. They must do things in batches. Whatever they do, they build a great saddle.

It doesn't take 3 weeks to build a seat. It means they are backed up 3 weeks.

Enjoy your seat as it is the best money can buy!!

Seat is here!

Seat arrived on monday the 22nd of July at 5 thirty and was installed and being ridden at 6 . Only have 2 short rides on it so far but what a difference. Can't wait to take a long ride. John

Back