• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

yet another fuel strip 2010 R1200RT

2010rt

2010 RT.. I had a new fuel strip installed 4 weeks ago, did one 20 mile ride and it is completely dead again, this in numbers 4. I am a die hard BMW fan and on my 5th one in 9 years, but 4 fuel strips, 2 shocks(1 front and 1 rear), 1 reservoir cover, 1 leaking gas cap, 1 left side directional assembly all in 20000 miles. I hope it ends soon..

Last edited by a moderator:
2010 RT.. I had a new fuel strip installed 4 weeks ago, did one 20 mile ride and it is completely dead again, this in numbers 4. I am a die hard BMW fan and on my 5th one in 9 years, but 4 fuel strips, 2 shocks(1 front and 1 rear), 1 reservoir cover, 1 leaking gas cap, 1 left side directional assembly all in 20000 miles. I hope it ends soon..

From 2006 thru 2012, my R1200RT averaged $1,000 per year in either repairs or required maintenance. You're only 16k miles away from knowing why I invested in an extended warranty that has paid for itself several times over already. :deal

OK, Im confused here. I thought thr '10 and on did away with the prone to fail fuel strip???:lurk

Dear 2010RT - (real name?)

Please read: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?46055 - as is pointed out by LVERMIERE - I also thought by 2010 that BMW had done away with the fuel strip on all but the R1200R bikes. It shows we're probably wrong as your bike has one. You can see how this info might be useful to get people to open your thread.

Please add this info to any thread titles in threads you start in the tech section. It helps you (more knowledgeable people opening the thread) and it helps others (in finding the same info later on.)

Thanks for your cooperation!

Back