• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ice Ice Baby :-)

J

jantarek

Hey the weather is right so lets have some fun with Ice

Ice coats
441604569_CaanX-L.jpg

441604818_iFamx-L.jpg

441604879_mjpeQ-L.jpg

441021496_ZW5QF-L.jpg

441604627_VMdaM-L.jpg

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Ice on the agave. Guess we'll have to wait till NOON to ride!

Voni
sMiling

Attachments

• ice.JPG
    ice.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 511
Thanksgiving Day Weekend ride.. 37 Deg. on skyline at 2900 feet...

ride-3-web.jpg

as i crossed the "wet" spot on the roadway I discovered it was ice, not water as i first thought, about 5 feet across and several inches high in the center...hmmmmm make NO sudden moves!

a little while later I saw several of these formations, this one continued up for another 6-10 feet above the top of the picture..
ride-6-web.jpg

RM

Does frost on a window count? :dunno

This photo taken at the entrance to Sheep Mountain Lodge in the dead of an Alaskan winter.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Attachments

• IMG_0093 Handprint on Glass Sheep Mtn Lodge-BW-4.jpg
    IMG_0093 Handprint on Glass Sheep Mtn Lodge-BW-4.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 439
Tug locked in ice at low tide....Cook Inlet, Anchorage, Alaska.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Attachments

• IMG_0757 Cosmic Wind in Winter BW.jpg
    IMG_0757 Cosmic Wind in Winter BW.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 438
Frozen in time

Attaching files requires they be really poor resolution but here's a try:

Attachments

• BrownFrozenLeaf5x3.jpg
    BrownFrozenLeaf5x3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 411
From a morning walk:

It's a good thing sometimes to walk with your head down:

Attachments

• RedFrozenLeaf4x3.jpg
    RedFrozenLeaf4x3.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 410
Inside a Glacier in Austria last summer

Unknown gentleman in front of me. Could go about 75 yards into Glacier.

448275163_xh4bB-L.jpg

The Sun Through Ice Fog

At low temperatures the moisture in the exhaust from cars and boilers, etc freezes and forms ice fog. This is the sun at its zenith in late December.

Attachments

• Sun Ice Fog.jpg
    Sun Ice Fog.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 237
Back