• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member...

M

macfly

I'm in that odd moment between purchase and delivery, so can't post a pic, but excited to have another boxer coming my way for the first time in 15 years. I stopped riding back then because I wanted to go to the track, but on four wheels with saftey cages, harness etc! That mission is now completed, and now like an old alcoholic, I've given in to the urge and love of bikes that never faded, despite my financial commitment to going round in circles fast on four wheels.

I was born in London, UK, and grew up there. My Dad bought his first BMW when he was 50, the year after my Mum passed. I was just 13 then, but I remember it like it was yesterday, a stunning black R60/5. He then progressed to an R90/6 then a R100/7, and also bought a beautiful R69S with a Stieb bullet sidecar. When I was able to afford my first BMW, it was an R60/6, after that I had 3 different R100/RS that I criss-crossed Europe on, and finally had a bumble-bee GS100 that I rode all across California when I first came here in the late 80's.

So, now I'm back to bikes, at the same age my Dad bought his first boxer. After years of doing many, many track days in fast cars I'm ready to return to life at a gentler more touring pace, and to two wheels. The boxer has come a long way since I've been away, and I'm excited to see how she'll feel. I bought the lightest one I could find, the HP2 MM.

Welcome. Glad to have you back in the Beemer fold.Be sure to post a pic of the bike when it comes in.

Welcome back. Hope you get that touring going right away. I'm currently touring with my new GSA from the Mid-West towards the Southwest. I love that boxer motor.

Welcoem aboard - you bought a ripper of a bike.

Was in the "local" BMW dealer and they had one and I threw a leg over it - you WILL have fun on this.

Please post a picture of your new bike and tell us how it goes.

Dont' forget to check out the other various forums covering everything from soup to nuts.

Luis

Welcome Aboard Macfly

Welcome Aboard Macfly :wave

Just about any technical question you might have about your rides
and
where to take them touring is available here either via the search button
or
by just starting a new thread.

Come back often and post a few pictures.

Paul

Search didn't answer my question...

I framed it several different ways, but couldn't find anything under HP2 or Megamoto. What I'm hoping to find is some suspension set up advice for the HP2 MM. Anyone seen anything like that?

Back