• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

World Superbike in Salt Lake May 29-31

wayneswan

I'm going to Miller in Tooele, UT to watch Troy Corse and Ruben Xaus ride the S1000RR in the only US appearance of WSB. I hope to see a lot of BMW riders there representing. Plus we have an American rider this year on the new crossplane R1, fellow Texan Ben Spies. Is anyone else gonna be on hand for this monumentous occasion???:usa :german :bikes

Nothing but envy...

Wayne,
Have a fantastic time. I am really green with envy. I used to work the races for both AMA, WSBK and then MotoGP at Sears and Laguna. But since we bought the Inn, big weekends like this are out for me. I'll be looking for you in the crowd. Nice to see both Xaus and Corser in the top 9in testing this past week. I really thought Corser was going to be up in the top 5 last weekend till he low-sided. Should be an interesting weekend without any official AMA participation....Ride safe.

I'm riding my R1200RT up from Phoenix. I'm getting revved up about it already.

In July Donna and I always ride out to Pacific Grove and go to the Moto GP at Laguna Seca. This year will be even more fun as I just traded in her Moto Guzzi Breva 750 for an F800ST. The F800 ST is a fantastic bike, much better than I imagined.

Last edited:
I'm riding my R1200RT up from Phoenix. I'm getting revved up about it already.

In July Donna and I always ride out to Pacific Grove and go to the Moto GP at Laguna Seca. This year will be even more fun as I just traded in her Moto Guzzi Breva 750 for an F800ST. The F800 ST is a fantastic bike, much better than I imagined.
Great to have you on the Forum. Always had a soft spot for Guzzi's. Those F800's are really nice though.

N8! at WSB

Did you all know that N8! Kern will be riding the HP2 Sport in the Larry H. Miller Superbike Challenge support class on Saturday?

Class GTU practice on Friday at 9:00AM
Qualifing Saturday AM 8:20AM
30 minute race Saturday afternoon 4:15PM
Pitting with the WSB team.

See you in SLC

The track was AWESOME!! Made lots of new friends, a great time was had by all :D
Some pictures of the event...

Troy Corser on the new S1000RR
corser.jpg

troycorser.jpg

Ruben Xaus, the other BMW factory rider
IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

corser2.jpg

Nate Kern and his HP2, he raced in the GTU race
IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

Chris Pfeiffer's amazing acrobatics aboard an F800R