• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

N8! at Gillette

RevWillie

On the Blue Roads
Just got a message from Nate Kern. Since he had a "free" weekend, he has been planning on attending the National for a while now. He really had fun talking with everybody at the Wisconsin National Rally last year. Well, at the last minute, BMW pulled the funding for his trip, but he cared enough about MOA to shell out $800 of his own cash to fly to the National! So, when you see him at Gillette, thank him for showing up and take some time to talk to him.:blah

He is leading the ASRA Thunderbike class right now, and now that he has his hand on a HP 2, who knows what he will be winning in the upcoming months!:burnout

I spoke with Nate, this morning at the Demo rides! Awsome dude:thumb

Nate

Nate is a awesome guy. I helped him in the pits at Heartland Park Raceway in Topaka KS for 3 days this summer. I've been checking on how he was doing. I was told that BMWNA had pulled the plug on the trip to Gillette but also the racing. That can't be, 3 races left and him in 1ST place. That is very bad PR. What about the bean counters. The money already spent will be down the tube. Maybe BMW does not want to win. I saw Nate before the Ambassador dinner and ask if it was true. He said yes it was. But he said he was going to try to win it if he had to sell his bike to do it. I think Nate is more BMW than BMW is BMW.

Boy, does that suck!

Anyone know of a sponsor that could pick him up for the balance of the season? I wonder what the cost would be.

Nate

Not much feedback on my post. Maybe no one is in to racing, that is to bad. Nate is a great guy and could use a little help to win the ASRA Championship for BMW. Some of us in KC are working on it.

I spent a good bit of time chatting with Nate (or chatting at him :ha) at the rally. He had nothing but very positive things to say about this place and the members - especially those that stepped up HUGE to help him out this season. BMW, IMHO, is shooting themselves in the foot by not supporting him more. While it's too late to do much now, for next season, if there is a next season, we should on a volunteer basis do a lot more to support him and his efforts - fundraisers, etc. He's a very good man doing things we could only dream of doing. :bow

Back