• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Best flip front hemlet for oval head

The new Nolan 103

SCHUBERTH C3
The C3 has my attention also - but it's not for sale in the US since Schuberth once again has no US importer. Costly bugger to get from the UK also.. about $600 by the time it gets here. At that price, I'd like to try it on for fit before springing for the large money. Anyone going to be wearing one to the National in XXL (62-63)?

Seems like any helmet needs to be tried on ,whether oval or not ,so need to find a dealer that has the capabilities to have lots of helmets on hand

Good luck

Does the 103 fit oval heads any better than the 102?

I went from a large N102 to a large N103. The N103 fits tighter, but still fits my head just fine. If I had to do it again, I might consider going to an XL. Here's what my head looks like.

Attachments

• Brad Gillie 4.jpg
    Brad Gillie 4.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 491
Seems like any helmet needs to be tried on ,whether oval or not ,so need to find a dealer that has the capabilities to have lots of helmets on hand

Good luck
I agree - and the 2nd step is to actually buy the helmet from that dealer rather than save $10-30 to buy it on-line. They'll only keep lots of helmets on hand if they make money on them..

Does the 103 fit oval heads any better than the 102?

I think the fit is a bit different now that the sun visor is mounted internally -- overall the helmet's still a good fit, but a bit snug at the front. My wife's 103 leaves a red mark on her forehead after several hours of wear -- in her case, it wasn't something that was apparent while testing the helmet in the store. She wears a small and the medium is just too big. Contacted Nolan and the only fix they could suggest was to roll a baseball around inside to compress the internal shell.

The 103 is noticeably heavier than the 102 -- it weighs over 4lbs. The hardware on the chin bar has changed from the 102 and the sun visor's internals probably make the difference in the weight.

Last edited:
If you're heading overseas, you might stop into a BMW dealer and try on a System VI. Lighter, great ventalation, flip down sunshade, one button release, quick release buckle, washable interior, great quality. Pricey but good stuff

helmet

If you have a dealer around for Vemar helmets you might try them. I bought a Vemar Jiamo(not sure of spelling) bluetooth. I like it because I have an oval head and it is not tight on my forehead, but it is tight around my cheeks and chin for a comfortable fit.

Hjc;

I just went from my WAY expensive Arai and Shoei's to a lesser $$$ HJC flip CL Max and happy:). Half the cost, equal in every way I can see and the breakin is really fine, no issues. I'm older, wiser and saving some dollars. You may want to look hard. I did and after the initial breakin, the HJC has performed flawlessly for me. Randy:thumb :usa PS; I had some doubts, but no more:)

Back