• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone from Arizona?

Yep I'm from AZ., Tucson specifically and we stay here part of the year. Usually from sometime in October to February time frame or until the Dr's release us to hit the road again.

Very nice, and I see you have an RV too (for such travels?) . Does your m/c fit on/in it?

I hope you have great travels.

The rig in the avatar is ours and is our home. The bike sits on the truck between the trailer and cab of the semi. I use a Rampage Ramp system to load the bike up on the truck. It's a really nice one person loading system. Because the bike sits cross wise on the truck I have to do some extra strapping but nothing terrible to deal with. I had extra tie down loops built into the bed on the truck.

Pleasure to get know you. I moved here in my last year of grad school to escape NY/CHI cold, snow, ice, wind, and wetness/dampness. After over 25 yrs, I can say I did well here, raising a family and having a good career. My oldest now has to choose between 2 law school acceptances with scholarships.

AZ resident

Hello to all fellow AZers!

Have been in Cochise County since August of 2006. The weather here sure beats the winters of VT and IL which were my previous digs.

Regards to all . . .

Sweet, and nice to see ya' here Greg. :clap

We sure are lucky, I lived in Chicago for 2 years after NY and that cured me of the snow and the cold. :bluduh

In AZ from Maine

My wife and I volunteer in State Parks and are at Kartchner Caverns in Benson till the end of March. Have our 1200 RT with us and enjoy riding much of the time. We have done a few loop rides here and a lot around Sedona before Christmas.

Would like to have other ideas for rides in the Benson area. We carry our RT on a lift behind our motor home and also tow a Jeep. Life is good!!! Would be glad to have company riding.

Bill Zeller

Cochise County as well, actually Sierra Vista. Always looking for riding partners. A 1150GS with street tires and TKC 80's if the going gets tough.

I live out in Maricopa! Daily commuting into Phoenix, day rides, and some overnighters are awesome! With the weather getting so great I am out on the bike much more often.....Loving it!:bikes

I live out in Maricopa! Daily commuting into Phoenix, day rides, and some overnighters are awesome! With the weather getting so great I am out on the bike much more often.....Loving it!:bikes

Me too, out on Tuesday and Wednesday commuting into Phoenix from N. Also some overnighters on the RIM, Prescott, Flag, Winslow, and S to Douglas, Bisbee, and Tombstone.

power

Did 255 miles today, the fuel light came on at about 250, easy riding. AZ J you have done a nice job with your 1200. What did you do other than the exhaust to get 122 HP? How much does the Remus improve HP? I have a similar system on mine, 1150GS, and have often wondered how much if any improvement over stock. Ride on down to Sierra Vista this weekend. Jeff

Did 255 miles today, the fuel light came on at about 250, easy riding. AZ J you have done a nice job with your 1200. What did you do other than the exhaust to get 122 HP? How much does the Remus improve HP? I have a similar system on mine, 1150GS, and have often wondered how much if any improvement over stock. Ride on down to Sierra Vista this weekend. Jeff

1. stock HP of the R1200S is 122. With the Remus, mine might be a bit from that, but can't see dyno testing it. But the Remus sings sweetly.
2. Love to meet up but early AM tomorrow, I leave to meet 10 others for an over-nighter in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), and we meet up with another there, for an even dozen. So I am out of pocket a few days.

Sorry, Jeff. Do you know another S-AZ with an R1200S? I do from the Pelican forum.

Hello to all fellow AZers!

Have been in Cochise County since August of 2006. The weather here sure beats the winters of VT and IL which were my previous digs.

Regards to all . . .

Cochise College is where I got my A&P as well as my Associates degree. Funny to get that one after I already have a BS and a MA. Not a bad little campus but the area around it is pretty dusty and boring.

New Guy

Just picked up my first BMW, R1200GS. Any Advice for the new guy? Gets oretty hot in Phoenix. Any concers with the bike in the extream heat?

Just picked up my first BMW, R1200GS. Any Advice for the new guy? Gets oretty hot in Phoenix. Any concers with the bike in the extream heat?

My R1200S ran nice and cool yesterday for 7 hours while I tooled around some ~400 miles in about 60-70 degrees and stayed quite cool. I expect from some 90 degree days it will run hotter, but just above half instead of just below.

For you, mesh gear works well but allows for rapid dehydration, so drink lots of water while using it. Wetting shirts, undergarments and hair first (in 100+) works well, too.

And in the heat, try to ride early or late, and if available, in shade or at night. I've been doing this kind of riding for years.

Local Boy

I must be the spoiled one! Been a Desert Rat most my life. Tucson first and now in Phoenix.

Back