• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

New girl to MOA

BonnieSue

Hi,
I joined MOA in June, but never got around to checking it out until I needed something. (that would be about now.. ;) I bought my 2010 g650gs two years ago and have enjoyed it almost every day since. (Even if it sits in the garage about 4 months a year.. its nice to just say hi to it every morning. ;) Ownership changed where I bought it, and I found myself wanting a new garage to take it to. Thankfully I found one, about 60 miles further away, but worth every mile.
I recently did my first long distance solo trip from Wisconsin to Arizona, with a nice side trip to Death Valley nearing the end. My little red bike is sitting comfortably in Tucson in a family member's garage, a lot warmer than it is up here. Its about time for service and I'd like to get it done in Arizona, when I go back for a few days in December. Does anyone have any suggestions for garages down that way? I also posted something in the club pages for AZ area, not sure where I should go.
Thanks for any help,
Bonnie

John Cartwright and crew do a great job of keeping us all serviced and happy in the Tucson area. IRONHORSE BMW

Jack

Welcome!!

I concur with the Ironhorse recommendations... excellent reputation. Since your bike is in Tucson already it makes good sense to go there.
:thumb

Welcome! From your post I infer you are now in Wisconsin. Where generally do you hang out? Maybe fill out your profile.

There are several clubs in Wisconsin, probbly close to you.

gracias

Hi, and thanks for the replies. I found Iron Horse and will make an appt. with them. Also, will work on the profile. In 24,000 miles, I've only ridden about 500 with anyone else. :)
Thanks again,
Bonnie

You go, girl!! Welcome to the MOA and to the solo lady riding club!! I think we are growing in numbers! :dance

Glad you found us! Keep us up with your travels please.

We love pictures and ride reports.

Voni
sMiling

Hi,
have enjoyed it almost every day since. (Even if it sits in the garage about 4 months a year.. its nice to just say hi to it every morning. ;) Bonnie

OK, you're well on the way to being hard-core. The next step is getting an Arizona Bike and Wisconsin bike.... :) Mac

OK, you're well on the way to being hard-core. The next step is getting an Arizona Bike and Wisconsin bike.... :) Mac

Then how do you get back and forth between the two. Maybe its a commuter bike to go between Wisconsin and Arizona? Are we going for three here?

Women who ride

You go, girl!! Welcome to the MOA and to the solo lady riding club!! I think we are growing in numbers! :dance

Yes, welcome to the MOA! Great to see another solo riding lady! Come and join us on the Women Who Ride area of the Forum.

Louise

Thanks, I'm missing it already - temps got up to 55 here yesterday. My boyfriend's going down there later this week. I'm planning on a Christmas time trip. I've pedaled my road bike up Mt. Lemmon (at about 10 mph) and have always wanted to moto up there as well. :)
I'm working on a write-up about my recent moto trip southwest, with a little on the pedal rides I did while down there. (Two 100+ mile rides and a 200 mile ride in Death Valley.)
Hoping it makes the cut for the magazine - I'm reading the guidelines and seem to be doing pretty well. Anyone have any experience with an article? Do I have a shot as a newbie rider? Well, in comparison to most of you all I mean.
Gracias,
Bonnie

You definitely do! Looking forward to read all about it!

We used to trailer bikes to Phoenix to visit my parents over Christmas vacation.

Glorious riding!

Voni
sMiling

Back