• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Want to borrow R12GS bags- Dallas area

The_Veg

D'OH!
Anybody near Dallas own a set of R1200GS bags that I can borrow for the trip to Gillette? Maybe you're not going, or maybe you've got a set gathering dust in the garage after you upgraded to Jesses...In any case, I want to borrow them for a couple of weeks and a few thousand miles. I promise to take good care of them and not bash them about too much. For this favour I shall owe you greatly- maybe I'll mow your lawn for a month, or wash your bikes, or something- we can work it out.
Thanks in advance if anybody responds.

I'm afraid that my Varios are on and pulling trunk duty full time.

[THREADJACK]

I enjoyed our little Hwy 75 ride back from Bo's Oklahoma breakfast. Hope I was easy to follow. And sorry about missing that right turn from OK Hwy70. I just didn't see than darn Stagecoach Bar until I was right next to it!

[/THREADJACK]

Grant, you were very easy to follow! No worries about that turn- once we made the U-ey I understood completely and knew that had I been in the lead, I would have missed it too.
I've just about given up on finding some bags to use, so at this point I'm getting creative with ideas on strapping stuff to the bike but I think it will work out well.

Now if I can just find a replacement seat before the trip...that homemade-custom job I was running on Sunday *SUCKED* and I was miserable within fifty miles. Sent you PM with questions about the design of the Sargent.

If you're using a large duffel bag or something like it, I suggest Rok-Straps for tying it down. Great product. I found a Rok-Strap stand at the Int'l Motorcycle Show a few years ago in Ft. Worth and bought a pair. They work great. They're available online (here's Aerostich's Rok Strap page) and I think MotoLiberty has them, too.

Can't help you too much with the seat as I'm sure you know all the options as well as I. But if I were looking for a cheaper and fast option I'd get some beads. Something like Bead Rider. My Sargent is a huge improvement over stock, but I still get some discomfort after a few hundred miles and I've been considering beads for longer rides.

Good luck, and enjoy the rally!

EDIT: BTW, I PM'd this to you but thought you might be more likely to see it in this thread. I'm on my bike commuting to work today and tomorrow. I go straight up and down 75 from McKinney to downtown Dallas and back. If you want to take a closer look at the Sargent or take a spin around the block to check it out before buying one just let me know and I'll be happy to meet you. I don't know where its convenient for you, but maybe at the N. Dallas BMW dealership during afternoon rush hour?

Last edited:
I managed to reverse the work I did on the seat- I was able to remove the added padding without tearing up the stock foam, and the original cover went back on very easily. I can throw some beads or something on and survive the Rally trip.

EDIT: BTW, I PM'd this to you but thought you might be more likely to see it in this thread. I'm on my bike commuting to work today and tomorrow. I go straight up and down 75 from McKinney to downtown Dallas and back. If you want to take a closer look at the Sargent or take a spin around the block to check it out before buying one just let me know and I'll be happy to meet you. I don't know where its convenient for you, but maybe at the N. Dallas BMW dealership during afternoon rush hour?

OK, sent one PM about this then another with a correction, now I'm gonna send a third one that should tie up all the loose ends. :laugh

Back