• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sizing on the new Schuberth C-3 Helmet

beemeup

2009 R1200RT
Is there anyone out there that has purchased one of the new Schuberth C-3 helmets that can comment on this? I have an old C-2 and love my Schuberth helmet, but found that the sizing on the C-2 tended to run small. I ended up with an XL in a C-2. I would like to get one of the new C-3 helmets, but would like to try my best to get the sizing nailed the first time around. Unfortunately there are no dealers in my region that are stocking these. Would the sizing run about the same? Any help would be appreciated, if you had a C-2 and have purchased the C-3, I'd especially like to hear from you. Thanks, Don

Spouse wore a L C2, and bought a L C3. Its too big, and he is needing to get a M size liner to replace the L that's in it.

He says not to go by S,M,L, XL sizes and go with the 'cm' size. Measure your head with a metric tape then check the sizing chart that Schuberth has, and order based on your cm measurement.

Is there anyone out there that has purchased one of the new Schuberth C-3 helmets that can comment on this? I have an old C-2 and love my Schuberth helmet, but found that the sizing on the C-2 tended to run small. I ended up with an XL in a C-2. I would like to get one of the new C-3 helmets, but would like to try my best to get the sizing nailed the first time around. Unfortunately there are no dealers in my region that are stocking these. Would the sizing run about the same? Any help would be appreciated, if you had a C-2 and have purchased the C-3, I'd especially like to hear from you. Thanks, Don

Don
The C3 I found to be very well sized. Check their fitment sizing for sizing. I have a XL which fits perfectly. However take care because the hat is the shape of a human head in that it is somewhat tight to pull on. Get a grip on the two straps and pull the opening apart as you lower it down. The shell will flex nicely. When in position it closes in to fit the round hemisphere of the head. This is a main reason for silence because noise mostly comes up through the neck gap from below on many hats.
Also be aware that the Schuberth will slack off and take up your bonce shape withinn a few weeks. Do not have a new hat that feels spot on comfortable because it will be to slack after some use. It needs to be "snug" to a tad tight when new.

Roger

Back