• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Elefantenboy mod

mule

Okay everybody Hopefully you understand the complexities of my question?? Used to have an older airhead and had a really nice elephantenboy tank bag with the front, back and sides leather connect straps. So now back to the future and now own a 2012 R1200RT with no easy way to install the old bag.
I was wondering if anybody can figure out a way for me to still use my old tank bag and somehow hook it onto the mount over the gas tank??

With all due regard for the Elephantenboy, this sounds like trying to attach a hay rack to the back of a Shelby Cobra.

Last edited:
I had an Elephantenboy on my /2 and later, a Triumph. The straps are configured to go around a traditional, exposed gas tank. I'd sell it on the flea market to somebody who would really appreciate it for their vintage bike and get something appropriate for the RT.

There are such better alternatives these days.

With all due regard for the Elephantenboy, this sounds like trying to attach a hay rack to the back of a Shelby Cobra.

:D I was thinking along those lines... but decided to :lurk and wait for someone else to say it

Back