• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally Volunteering

calnalu

Off shore and glassy
I saw the loooonnngg list of volunteer opportunities for the Rally. Since Spokane will be my first rally, what are the most needed areas for volunteers? I'm sure the glamour jobs like working in the Beer Tent are most popular but I'm willing to do (almost) anything if help is needed.

Marty

I was the chair for security back in 99. I can assure you that security always needs people. I liked to work the front gate because you'd see all the folks arriving with their stuff still piled on their bikes. I liked to tell them "You made it!"

The smiles were ample payback. But if you think about it, security will need a ton of people watching things like the shipping gate, answering questions, directing traffic and rousting illegally parked bikes.

I'll probably work security again. It's my fave and I try to do it every time I'm at a national.

If you don't have a preference, there's usually a volunteer booth that will sign you up and point to a place to work for a while. Working a couple hours to help out doing anything will make you feel like you're really taking part instead of just being a consumer.

Marty, if you're a "meet and greet" type of person, Registration and the Country Store are fun areas. Regardless of what you volunteer for, you're bound to make new friends, and you'll be rewarded with a good feeling knowing you helped make the event happen! See you in Spokane.

Riding Like the Wind (come spring)...

Chuck Manley #12106
Director, BMW MOA
Dinky Dozen BMW Riders, Inc.
Black '02 K1200RS

chasman said:
Marty, if you're a "meet and greet" type of person, Registration and the Country Store are fun areas...

Another good spot is in Communications. I did that last year. I was mostly the "dumb look" guy :dunno because I didn't know many answers, but for some of the questions that kept coming up, I eventually caught on and had fun there anyway.

Back