• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Best wishes for all the lucky rally attendees

MCMXCIVRS

More toys than space
I'm not fortunate enough to be at the rally this year. A lack of summer time off and the distance to travel to get there meant it was not possible for me.

I just want to say to all those who have and will be attending to have a great time, get out there and volunteer, support the vendors and sponsors and most of all make it a memorable rally.

Oh, and lots of posts and pics of the good times please, It'll help those of us stuck at home to enjoy the fun through our computer screens.

Same here, can't make it. I hope you all travel safely and enjoy.
And remember folks . . . . stay hydrated.
It looks as if it's going to be a little warm.

Drink, drink, drink water all day, and then

drink, drink, drink the night away.

Was planning to go, but with the heatwave going on, decided to bag it. I hate riding in high heat and this stuff going on the next couple of days is well above my threshold.

But for you going, have a great time,

I'm not fortunate enough to be at the rally this year. A lack of summer time off and the distance to travel to get there meant it was not possible for me.

I just want to say to all those who have and will be attending to have a great time, get out there and volunteer, support the vendors and sponsors and most of all make it a memorable rally.

Oh, and lots of posts and pics of the good times please, It'll help those of us stuck at home to enjoy the fun through our computer screens.

Lucky???? In this heat????

Overnight heat's looking like 75, which should be sleepable.; with or without libations.

But I'm liking our current 62 degrees; this is the payback time, for our cold winters.

Yes,

extreme heat and cardiac pacemakers, do not make for the best combination. Everyone have fun and keep your QRS intervals in timely sync.

Overnight heat's looking like 75, which should be sleepable.; with or without libations.

But I'm liking our current 62 degrees; this is the payback time, for our cold winters.

All I can say is ......This weather is definitely abnormal for PA. This morning at 5:20A, my back porch temp was ~85 deg. Currently, 2:10P, it is 101-degrees on the front porch and 104 on the back. In any event, I just returned from my daily commute (I'm 80 miles west of Bloomsburg) and the in-coming weather is less humid, but not cooler.

The rally is going well, but the heat is a factor. Lot's of hot people, having a good time, but just a bit sweaty. Copious quantities of water are being consumed and I really like that person that decided to install a lawn sprinkler on the one street in the club tenting area. Great idea. I was drying in 40-miles.

The rally is a nice facility and I recommend attending, if possible. It is abnormally hot, so dress and hydrate appropriately.

As for me, I'm going to take a shower and have a beer.

I live only 100 or so miles away and planned to take a day and go to my first MOA rally, but I couldn't bring myself to do it in the heat.

1st Time HRG

I attended the rally , I am close at 3.5 hours away. I will be the first to admit the heat and humidity are oppressive. The ride was an effort and required dousing my shirt at a gas stop. I must confess, on-site it was too much and I am now home after two nights and a full day there. I arrived at 5:15 PM Wednesday (I know, a little early.) I phoned the wife and debriefed her on the the conditions leaving it up in the air as to how long I would stay. (Bad Move!) Registration was closed so it was a bit of a challenge finding my club, but was soon with familiar faces to help me figure out the ins and outs of the rally. I raced sailboats for 30 years and have been to a lot of regattas, basically small rallies. I was all to familiar with the camping and the atmosphere was very similar to sailing regattas. What was different was the shear scale, this gathering is enormous! How many organizations do something of this scale every year for one mark?brand/product? BMW Corporate I hope you recognize the dedication to the brand, it's rich history and current and coming products. HRG's are really showing that this year enduring this HEAT! Especially those that came great distances, many of whom had this weather follow them their entire journey!

It's hard to walk in the sun for very long and you have to consume water like there is no tomorrow. If you're not peeing on a regular basis you are not drinking enough! It was a chore to be exposed to the heat, but great to hear others share your same frustrations and passion associated with riding a BMW. Without that camaraderie I do not think anyone would park their bikes that long and sleep in a tent when if they kept going they could likely find an air conditioned room down the road (They were out there just not in Bloomsburg.)

The vintage bike exhibit was spectacular. The outside food vendors working their a$$es off in the heat were friendly even as their brains started to shut down. Too much to ask of anyone in this kind of heat! The other vendors were informative, very friendly and not pushy! A great experience! :clap

Sleeping was tolerable, I found my tent temperature at 76 degrees Thursday morning at 5 AM. In the shade it was in the upper nineties all day Thursday with an intermittent breeze at chair level. The organizers (Volunteers) did an incredible job making drinking water available, if there was not a spigot nearby there was a large jug! Volunteers where freshening these with ice water on a regular basis! Ice was readily available at a very reasonable (non-gouging) price of $1.75 for a good size bag, sorry I don't know the weight but lots of people were carrying one back to their site on their shoulders. A lot of areas had potable tap water and the mist tent (Spray Park for adults) was very popular. I was able to find a shower with no wait both Wednesday and Thursday night around midnight. Friday morning I decided to head out and was packed and hit the road at 6:30 AM (drenched in sweat and ATGATT) my GT's gauge registered 78 on departure.

Overall the volunteers in this organization did a tremendous job coordinating and enormous event in extereme conditions! KUDOS! :clap:clap

I came home to the internet being down due to a router issue in my office, once that was corrected my wife received the e-mail I sent her. You see as stated earlier I phoned her to let her know I arrived safely. I e-mailed her my plans Thursday morning around 12 AM after my shower of what the morning and day would hold. She never received my e-mail and my WORK Blackberry was shut off (for a reason) so when I powered it on at 7 PM Thursday to check in I had a very unusual seven voice mails from parents, cousins and my wife concern about some current mechanical issues my bike had combined with my well being given the extreme heat. My wife had even phoned state trooper friends of ours. :banghead While primarily the heat caused me to leave Friday morning, i also had some damage control to do at home, I had no idea she never received my e-mail and no idea there was a search on going for a missing biker?

All is well. I am very happy to have finally attended a national! I have some new friends and look forward to the next adventure!

...the distance to travel...MCMXCIVRS

Ah, for a guy as fit as you, Ed, that would have been an easy two day ride on the new GT! :D

But you've still got your pick of the Beartooth, Stanley, and Nakusp rallies.

Last edited:
Back