• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2001 R1200C (Montana) idle question..

deilenberger

A bozo on the bus
Anyone know offhand how to adjust the idle speed on one of these beasts.. a friend brought a basket case back to life and it's running fine except the idle is down around 800-900 RPM (and feels like it wants to stall.) The single throttle body is buried in the airbox and not terribly accessable, but he has read of a yellow cat code plug upping the idle, and thinks there may be some allen adjusting screws poking out the back of the airbox.

Anyone BTDT?

TIA!

Hi Don,
Send your friend over to Chromeheads.com. There is a wealth of info there in the searchable form of past posts (and a great bunch of helpful people too).

Greg

Hi Don,
Send your friend over to Chromeheads.com. There is a wealth of info there in the searchable form of past posts (and a great bunch of helpful people too).

Greg
Thanks. I think he's been there - but he said most everone is talking about chrome. He's rather "terse" and not exactly comfortable typing, so I imagine his questions might not be too well formatted..

Mebbe I'll take a look and do the translating.. :) :dance

Thanks. I think he's been there - but he said most everone is talking about chrome. He's rather "terse" and not exactly comfortable typing, so I imagine his questions might not be too well formatted..

Mebbe I'll take a look and do the translating.. :) :dance

What? I go there daily and don't find people talking about chrome. There is a ton of posts about the idling. I went through them a while back when my bike wouldn't idle after it got it's first tank of ethanol blended gas after my last 100% station was forced to switch. It adjusted and started idling again after about 100 miles.

As a Chromehead, I don't exactly take offense at his contention that all that everyone talks about chrome on our site. But I do think he needs to return and have a really good look around. There is so much information on all aspects of the "beast" that is maintained and updated by pretty much every member ... from around the world ... at one time or another ...

Why no have him go back to the site and do a search for "fast idle plug" or just plain "idle" and he'll find all he needs or wants to know on the subject. And yes, he should also check out Pokiespages for a very comprehensive and informative info on just about every aspect care and feeding of an R1200C by a guy ... Pokie ... who knows just about anything he wants to know on the subject of his new toy ...

Back