• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Electrified Tank Bag II

B

BUBBAZANETTI

yeah, i COULD put this in gear, but you know what, i'm a bit of an attention whore (i think i can use that one) so HERE GOES:

Just built my new "lectrified' tankbag" and have incorporated the same basic components as the last one:

Ipod
Sirius Receiver
GPS
3 into 1 mini amplifier with remote volume control

What i've done a bit differently is to ditch the fuse block i had in the last one. It was a bit cumbersome and well, i came to the conclusion i didn't NEED 3 fuses for 3 devices that probably drew about as much power as cell phone. To remedy this i've simply moved the fuse inline with the power to the battery, it simplifies things a great deal.

So here it is, i've put my little audio amp along with the other wires in the pouch on the side. The wires going up are power and audio for the sirius, which will reside in the map pouch up top so i can fiddle with it and it'll stay dry, it's up there with a much shortened magnetic mount car antenna:

Attachments

• IMG00406.jpg
    IMG00406.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 91
since smugmug is down, i'm just breaking this up to attach multiple photos.

The OTHER big thing is that the GPS is not attached to this bag as it was to the previous one, so the one thing i'm still figuring out is routing audio. I think for this summer the GPS will be visual only and i'll rewire it this winter so that the audio is paired with the power from under the seat.

Another difference is that i've used audio connectors to supply power. Dunno why, but i used XLR style mic barrels to supply + and ground on pins 1 and 2 with pin 3 dead. These also live in the tankbag, near the amplifier.

And there ya go, That's Entertainment as The Jam and Gang of Four say.

Attachments

• IMG00407.jpg
    IMG00407.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 89
Looks like a clean job! Congratulations. Was a bit concerned when I saw the roll of plastic electrical tape.

Paul

Back