• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

new airhead owner, 73 R60/5

natepetersen85

Hi guys, I recently acquired a 73 R60/5. It was my grandfathers and he left it to me when he passed away recently. I am very excited to get it cleaned up and back on the road so I can enjoy it the way he did when it was new. It runs well, he maintained it fairly well and rode it this spring. He was the only owner and put 135,000 miles on it since Jan of 74.

Here is the photobucket album, Ill be putting up pics as I go along and I look forward to contributing and learning from the guys here!

http://s104.photobucket.com/user/JenNate03/library/73 BMW

Here is a pic of the tank after I buffed a little bit out of it,

IMG_20130731_174100_371_zps25090b69.jpg

and here it is the way I picked it up:

IMG_20130726_171157_761_zpsf9694d53.jpg

Nate -

Nice bike and nice work you've done so far. It's good that you're carrying on the tradition of the bike!! If/when you have questions, visit the Airhead forum for some "local experts"...and maybe some usable answers!

Back