• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

My first BMW

rrookey

RROOKEY
Hi all, been riding for a lot of years, mostly sport bikes, I just purchased a 2005 R1200GS, I have recently moved to NC so it's sitting in my garage next to my Hayabusa waiting for me to get a NC licn so I can regester her, in the mean time I keep riding my busa and playing with the GS... hope to have everything worked out in a few weeks! but in NC you have to retake to driving tests so I guess I need to study...

Welcome! Good luck on the test...and don't let the Beemer and the 'busa get to talking too much...that'll only mean trouble!!

Ride a narrow bike

Whatever you do, take the test with a narrow bike. I borrowed a Suzuki 125 trials for my test. No way I could ride my old Harley through those cones with road bars, driving lights, and highway pegs without hitting cones.

You do not say where in NC you are; it is a big state.

Wow, 89 views and only one welcome

Busa envy, you scared them. Some folks lurk and never post, some say hi to someone in their area...don't take it personally. Take a minute and fill out your profile. It helps to know where and who we are typing words to.

Welcome to the fray:wave

The GS will be fine on the course, just leave the bags off. And post a pic in the Hex/Camhead forum of your new baby.

Welcome from a fellow transplant...
Moved to Huntersville NC from the Cincinnati area 3 years ago.
Consider posting your where abouts in your profile.
When I finally got around to converting the license to NC.... I only had to take a written on the auto and a written on the m/c. they waived the skills test as they allowed a transfer from OH on the m/c endorsement.
If you are in the Charlotte area consider joining the BMW Club #220, great bunch of folks. The club sponsors the Daniel Boone Rally in August.

Welcome to NC, and if you're anywhere from the north you're gonna love the riding year 'round. The days you cant ride can be counted on one hand. Thats if your the hearty type.

Welcome! Enjoy that GS! You'll probably see many Giants passing through on the way to the gypsy tour in Arkansas next week. Why not join the party? Click below!

Welcome aboard! It'll be interesting to hear a comparo between the Busa and the BS in a few months...after you have a chance to ride curvy roads on both! Some lovely riding down your way.

Welcome to the club, we enjoyed doing some riding down that way a couple summers ago, but have lately been heading north to find new roads. Never had a 'Busa or a GS, but I'm sure you'll find great roads for both. Lots of good tech info here, and plenty of BS as well...........:)

Thanks all for saying Hi, Sorry about the profile I'll fill it out, living in Wisnton Salem NC now, was in Enfield, CT... I'm an admin on a Busa fourm so joining this group and no one saying Hi was a shock as I thought that BMW riders were a lot more friendler then crotch rocket riders... Hope to get everything all set in the next week or two so I can start to ride her and explore the awesome roads on the area....

Nice area

Thanks all for saying Hi, Sorry about the profile I'll fill it out, living in Wisnton Salem NC now, was in Enfield, CT... I'm an admin on a Busa fourm so joining this group and no one saying Hi was a shock as I thought that BMW riders were a lot more friendler then crotch rocket riders... Hope to get everything all set in the next week or two so I can start to ride her and explore the awesome roads on the area....

My farm is to the North of Winston; incredible roads. Unfortunately, many of the really good roads have been paved and straightened in the last 40 years. I am headed up Saturday and leaving early Sunday for the BMWMOA.

I think most of us were out riding...

I need to Post up and say how much I love my R1200 GS, I love my Hayabusa but this thing is a blast on all riding surfaces!! and loves the twisties! :dance

Back