• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Can you identify these jackets

ripperfarms

I was at the BMW swap meet outside of Rockford lately. Two guys that were riding a couple of restored 1960's BMWs were wearing what I think were "period correct" jackets. One was leather and long like a touring jacket with possibly a waist belt and one was some sort of blue fabrick with a round BMW logo on the upper right front. Each jacket had a small German name plate, possibly two words, on the upper left arm/sholder. Can anyone identify who made or makes those jackets. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Vanson has some period stuff as well....In fact I have a way cool waxed cotton jacket from Vanson, but I don't think they make it any longer,but it looks just like that vintage Steve McQueen coat

Attachments

• mcqueen3.jpg
    mcqueen3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 487
Belstaff still makes those jackets. I don't know if they're distributed in the US. Oh, wait. I think there's an ON advertiser.

I just looked on the website and most of it's nylon summer stuff. Waxed cotton winter stuff may be on there somewhere, but I didnt' see it.

fwiw, unless you're really going for a vintage look, GoreTex and Simpetex (sp?) beat the heck out of waxed cotton.

http://www.belstaff.com/

Sure, new suits have armour padding and a lot more useful features, vents, linings and so on. And I have one of those for severe early and late season riding.

But don't knock something just because it's an old idea.

PT9766

I'm not knocking it because it's old, I'm knocking it because there are modern products that are 100 times more useful, except as fashion statements. I have a waxed cotton jacket, too. I'll take my Rallye II any day, thank you very much.

Belstaff still makes those jackets. I don't know if they're distributed in the US. Oh, wait. I think there's an ON advertiser.

I just looked on the website and most of it's nylon summer stuff. Waxed cotton winter stuff may be on there somewhere, but I didnt' see it.

fwiw, unless you're really going for a vintage look, GoreTex and Simpetex (sp?) beat the heck out of waxed cotton.

http://www.belstaff.com/

Actually it's http://britishmotorcyclegear.com:wave They make a good product, I have a Belstaff jacket that I've had for years, definately the most comfortable piece of gear that I own.

Barbour

I have an old cotton Barbour jacket. It is tr?¿s chic for walking around Vintage rallies, especially where old British bikes are featured. I haven't worn it when riding for decades. Just don't feel comfortable without the armour.

Holly

Back