• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Service Reminder reset-2010 K13GT

Is there a way to turn off the Service reminder other than taking the bike in to a dealer? I do my own oil changes and service and I am not eager to take the scooter to a dealer, where I would be charged to simply turn off the indicator.

Thanks for the advice.

Ask around and find a friend/clubmember with a GS-911. Other than the trip to dealer it's the only tool to reset it. you can't really "turn it off", however I set it a year away date instead of the standard 6K miles.

going to add the model info to your title as well

That's the device. GS911 from HexCode of Stellenbosch, South Africa.
You do not need to own one. Simply to be amongst a group of friends that has one. Each one of the enthusiast version can register up to 10 bikes and reset the service reminders.
They will read an unlimited number of bikes codes.
The professional version for a bit more money can register an unlimited number of bikes.
Reading the codes is a regular maintenance step, to determine if anything is going wrong.

They are also good for side of the road break down diagnosis. Either to your blue tooth telephone or to the laptop. I used mine on the side of the mountain in Mexico to determine that I had a bad fuel pump controller and that I needed a tow into town where I could get one. Which I did.
dc

I love my GS-911, it's paid for itself several times over already between me and a few buddies. If you like to work on your own bike, you should consider one of these. I started carrying mine around with me in case someone has a problem, and it turned out my buddy's '02 K1200RS had an ABS fault that needed to be cleared. I had my phone with me, which runs a smartphone app via bluetooth to the GS-911.
Wireless roadside fix. It was pretty cool.

I had mine on since 6K on the GS - going on 12, dont even notice.....

GS-911 is on the wish list though!!

Mine too....for nearly two years now, don't even notice it. It will be reset at the dealer in two weeks, and I too have a wish list with the GS-911......Like before, I have a spreadsheet with all my mtce records I do and tire, etc changes. Don't need no stinking lcd to tell me its time to do something....

I've got a new VW turbodiesel with a service reminder built into the dash electronics.
Unlike BMW, VW has chosen to make it owner resettable from the dash as well. One of a long list of reasons my cars have not been BMWs....

Even Mercedes will let the owner reset the service reminder. A bit of a pain to figure out how, but no shop computer needed. I would have thought BMW would have eased up on this by now, I do remember the old tool used to reset the reminder. IIRC in the early days (lets say late '80s) it could be done with a jumper wire if you knew which ones to jump.

I love my GS-911, it's paid for itself several times over already between me and a few buddies. If you like to work on your own bike, you should consider one of these. I started carrying mine around with me in case someone has a problem, and it turned out my buddy's '02 K1200RS had an ABS fault that needed to be cleared. I had my phone with me, which runs a smartphone app via bluetooth to the GS-911.
Wireless roadside fix. It was pretty cool.

No app for the Apple devices.

I had mine on since 6K on the GS - going on 12, dont even notice.....

GS-911 is on the wish list though!!

I agree, the small text is not very noticeable. Ours came on somewhere around 7,000 miles and I left it on, curious to see if I would get a yellow triangle when it went another 6,000 miles. At approx. 14,000 miles, no yellow triangle, so I cleared the reminder on both bikes with the GS-911.
If I had not reset it, the small service text on the screen would not have bothered me.

Back