• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Burger

burnszilla

It was a beautiful day in the Bay Area today; 65 degrees and sunny. So, I took the wife for a little 110 mile ride up to Skyline via Hwy 9 (recently paved!) to Alice's Restaurant for a burger. On the way, at the Saratoga Gap, we saw about 15 punks driving suped up BMW cars on Skyline; some type of rally. They were all racing and we passed an accident that had just happened. One of the cars lost control and hit a telephone pole. They were all stopped and standing on the road.

Pulling up to the intersection at Alice's (Skyline-35 & La Honda) a guy on a chopper pulls out in front of us, thinking the intersection was a 4-way stop, but it isn't. Luckily, I was slowing down, because I would have hit him. That's a crazy intersection.

At Alice's, I had the BMW Burger. Bacon, Mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and jack cheese. Sharon had the LeMans burger. After lunch we headed to the coast by way of La Honda. Headed south to Bonny Doon Road to Ice Cream Grade (needs to be paved!) to Empire Grade then home thru Scott's Valley. Then we watched "Motorcycle Diaries" on DVD! Borrowing it from a friend who works for someone in the "Academy". :thumb

Did you see Officer Obie?
And did he show you the twenty seven eight-by-ten
colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back
of each one?

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant

Aw, gee!

And here in Michigan it's 5 degrees, or -13 if you want the wind chill. However, the sun is shining and I hope to get out at least for a short ride. I just need to get a pot of chili brewing on the stove for dinner. :)

Burnszilla said:
It was a beautiful day in the Bay Area today; 65 degrees and sunny. So, I took the wife for a little 110 mile ride up to Skyline via Hwy 9 (recently paved!) to Alice's Restaurant for a burger. On the way, at the Saratoga Gap, we saw about 15 punks driving suped up BMW cars on Skyline; some type of rally. They were all racing and we passed an accident that had just happened. One of the cars lost control and hit a telephone pole. They were all stopped and standing on the road.
Burns, I must have passed you going the other way. Do you recall seeing a fat guy on a blue R1150RS?

I was coming home from Alice's and passed those morons in the bimmers. They had come up 84 from Silly Valley and went roaring through the intersection at 35, even though they had a stop sign. Almost got a guy coming north on 35 on a /5. Seemed like there were about 30 of them.

I can't say I was surprised that one of them plowed into a telephone pole. From the skid marks (say, don't those cars have ABS?), it would appear he jumped out of line to the left, probably to avoid someone braking unexpectedly for a relatively mild curve. Then he dove back onto his side of the road, but couldn't make the turn.

Darryl. Ya I saw you waiting behind the line up of Bimmers looking pissed off.

Blue Night. I've driven a too many times through Nairn Centre in a snow storms, coming back from Toronto. Only to find the Shell gas station there closed. I don't miss the Espanola fragrance either!

We're expecting our green card this summer and we plan to stay! California Rocks! Did I mention it was 65 degrees here today?

:twirl

Cool?? Tasty??

Tasty Burger??? Sounds like you had a great time :thumb Down here I will be suffering soon, as it will drop to the lower 50's in the Florida Keys tonight!! Brrrr :p :D
Today I did enjoy a ride to a great BBQ place in Islamorada and kinda pigged out :eat :eat The place is great and people drive down from Miami to eat there.
Anyway,enjoy the Holidays!!!!

Oh, don't worry about Burnszilla. He'll get his. Why, in the summer, it'll probably get up to 90 for a few days.

Back