• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Valentine's Day Ride

BRADFORDBENN

Slowpoke & Proud of It!
Today it was a balmy 31F or about 0C. There was an open house at BMW Motorcycles of South Bend and Mrs. Beemer Brad took me there to pick out my Valentine's Day present. I picked out a pair of First Gear HyperTex Overpants - cold weather pants.

So after getting back from the store, I decided it was time to try them out. So I decided to go back to the open house; and I was still the only motorcycle there.

Click here for larger image

Click here for larger image

Continued for another 20 miles. Hopefully soon electric vest/shirt.

:clap :bliss :D

Cold weather riding

Hey Brad, glad to see your out today. I am like you about getting electrics for winter riding. I don't have any and I have been riding to work with temps in the mid 20s and mid 40s afternoon. The early morning ride would be great with some Gerbings. On the side of Safety, watch out for ice. I was riding in yesterday and encountered several icy places and the big K12 was all over the road. Needless to say, it wasn't a good feeling. Have a good weekend.:wave

Hey Brad,I was also out riding yesterday, the airhead GS. In fact,even tho I live here in Illinois 'bout 30 miles south of the windy city, I always find myself doing the back roads in the Hooiser state and or in southwest Michigan. SB BMW is about 90 miles away, and a nice sunday morning ride in the summer.
I always thought SB BMW had their open house in late April or early May. I was on their mailing list....but haven't received a news letter in quite some time.
Gerbings are great!! I have the jacket,pants, and gloves. Love the jacket! Pants are very nice on cold days as they can be hooked to the jacket for power,or you can run them independently with a dual controller. I'm not to fond of the gloves cuz their so bulky. In my opinion,while trying to grip the throttle, the thick leather kinda bunches up underneath and your hands become fatigued quickly, and make operating the levers/controls a chore.
Their is also an independent cycle shop in the south area of SouthBend called Freedom Cycles. Last time I was there in the fall of '02, they had two full racks of Gerbing equipment. Pretty much the only place around Chicagoland I found, were you could actually go and "Fit" and buy Gerbing gear. C-YA

Freedom Cycle is great

Now it well. They also happen to have great prices on leathers.

Yesterday's get together was their 2nd Anniversary party. They are also planning an open house in April.

Now that you mention it, I have not gotten an e-mail from them in a while. However if you drop them a line, I am sure that they will be more than happy to snail mail you one.

Love to see them snow pics

Good for you Brad.
We have had rideable temps up here (mid-20's) but there is too much snow/ice on the side roads for me to risk it. Especially since I live on one! Better days are ahead - they are talking about temps in the high 30's to low 40's be the end of the week.
Yee-hah.

Back