• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photo Assignment 07/13/08 Commentary

R

rocketman

This thread is for posting test shots,requesting comments on them or providing commentary for photo posted here or in the main thread, for the "Celebrating the Fourth" photo assignments.

Have fun and show us your best!

the main thread for posting you final shots is HERE

RM

Rocketman,

Thanks for putting up an assignment. I'll help if you'd like.

You da man!

There will not be a submission from me for this assignment. I have to keep a low profile on the 4th July as I tend to mention the French Navy and troops and $100,000,000 of French aid, which isn't very popular, however true it might be.

Anyone would think the French carried a grudge against us Brits.

Token gesture :usa

Same here...

Thanks for the link to fireworks tips. I hope to give it a shot tomorrow night!

The link Rocketman posted is interesting. It advocates L O N G shutter speeds and small apertures; I've always shot faster speeds. I'm might try for some long exposures this year. . . .

Here's a few I've shot in the past. None are award winners, but for learning purposes, each of these was shot at approximately 1/100th sec., f/4.5, ISO 800 (which surprises me). Whatever you decide to do, you'll want to set your focus and exposure yourself.

181636821_fXLDN-L.jpg

181636352_9qeT3-L.jpg

4 seconds each...

I took Rocketman's advice and tried the 4 sec ISO 200 F8 shots... Thanks for the tip!

Back