• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A Few Pics From Last Week - Top of the Rockies Rally

sfarson

Riding friend Rick and I enjoyed serious scenery, with a cooperative sun lighting up the landscape, as we rode to and around the Top of the Rockies Rally site in Paonia, Colorado

Pausing on the Ohio Creek Road, just as the sun emerged from heavy cloud cover, and just as we were ready to ascend Ohio Pass up the eastern (right) flanks of the Anthracite Range...
ohiopass1_tm.jpg

Ohio Pass Road leads to the Kebler Pass Road. A pause before one of the world's largest stands of aspen, if not the world's largest. Many come to this spot for the clothes of gold the aspen put on for autumn...
keblerpass3_tm.jpg

The next day we explored the top of the world's largest mesa, the Grand Mesa, a mile above its already high surroundings. Looking to the south...
grandmesa1_tm.jpg

Many waters dot the top of the mesa. The simply don't drain all that easily. We take Forest Road 121 winding through a dozen of these 10,000 - 11,00ft. high and blue lakes...
grandmesa3_tm.jpg

From greens and blues to the ruddy red rocks of the Colorado Monument...
monument5_tm.jpg

monument3_tm.jpg

It was a late return back to the rally site, but we wanted to explore the Gunnison Gorge area. A fishing guide noted four miles up the Gunnison here is a top ten fly fishing spot for brown trout. The sun has just about set behind distant western peaks to the right when a gap appeared in the thick clouds...
gunnygorge5_tm.jpg

Geez, I was just there a couple of weeks ago and now your pictures make me want to go back already! :thumb

Dan, Was on the phone with my mom in Grand Rapids today, talking about Traverse City, the Leelanau Peninusla, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Charlevoix, Harbor Springs, etc. and it made me want to go there!
lol.gif

Dan, Was on the phone with my mom in Grand Rapids today, talking about Traverse City, the Leelanau Peninusla, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Charlevoix, Harbor Springs, etc. and it made me want to go there!
lol.gif

Just let me know if you need a guide or a riding partner. :thumb

Back