• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

W

WesPeterson

you know you want to

Attachments

• r100ssmall.jpg
    r100ssmall.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 19,527
r75%20lh%20.jpg.jpg

My '74 R75/6 out for a preseason cleanup the other day...
Can't wait to put plates on it!

brooksie said:
r75%20lh%20.jpg.jpg

My '74 R75/6 out for a preseason cleanup the other day...
Can't wait to put plates on it!

Very smooth. Damn nice.

My R75/7 'Purple Haze' last fall in, and you'll love the name of this, Riding Mountain National Park Manitoba, Canada

purplehaze.jpg

brooksie said:
Hiya, Dan! :wave :wave
Purp looks pretty good!

Hey brookise, I didn't realise you were on a /6! :wave

She's a beaut!

Purp looks a lot better there than she does now... covered and frozen into 2 inches of water in my flooded garage :eek

you ARE in Winterpeg, aren't you?
Haven't put many miles on the airhead as I can't seem to stay off the R1150R! :brow

My pretty pony

Nice bikes, everyone. That silver smoke is my favorite Beemer paint job of all time. Here's a picture of Hilda - my '75 R90/6.

Attachments

• guzzitosend.jpg
    guzzitosend.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 18,345
CanadaDan said:
Jon that is one wild wide... a heel-toe shifter to boot? Love it!
The heel-toe shifter was a gift from the mechanic who slaved away on the bike for several years. Its actually not much fun to use, so we will be giving it back to him.

This bike is my wife's first love.....well, maybe second (I'm still Top10, but barely!). She bought it on a lark in the late 90s and while it isn't perfect from a cosmetic standpoint, its pretty stout mechanically and she really loves traveling on it.

MarkF said:
That has gotta be one of the nicest pics of the nicest bike ever made. What year? Original paint?
Its a '74, and AFAIK, has original paint. It was owned by a friend of ours for a long time, and when the opportunity came up to get it, we snapped it up. It needs some minor detail work, but the basics are there and its pretty fun to ride.

MarkF said:
That has gotta be one of the nicest pics of the nicest bike ever made. What year? Original paint?

MarkF

You've got to be just drooling over this thread. :)

though I expected more photos

Back