• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wanted: R1150RS

apexlocator

I have a 2013 S1000RR with 3500 miles on the clock and 20 months left of full factory warranty to trade towards a perfect example of an R1150RS

There are pleny of R1150RT bikes around but not the RS model.

Please help me find one if possible!

Welcome to the forum!
I see it's your first post so I wanted to let you know that this is something that needs to be posted up in the flea market area. We try to keep the WTB, WTS, WTT out of the main forum area so it doesn't end up looking like the bulletin board at the supermarket.
I'll leave the post up so you can see my post and one of us will move it off screen later. We will send you a PM (private message) when we do.
Good luck.
Gary

Curses! Another recruit to the R1100/1150RS crew! :hungover

Only kidding! Welcome, hope you find a nice bike! :dance

Cheers! B

I think you're probably preaching to the choir! :)

BTW, that is a handsome motosickle! Even if.....:dance

Thanks. and here's it's best friend, although not it's most reliable friend.

Attachments

• IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 189
Anybody can buy a bottle of wine. A connoisseur knows which bottle to buy....

Well, since you've gone OT on us....

We enjoyed a quite lovely bottle of L'Ecole No.41 Perigee last evening. Superb blend with just enough tannins to improve the mouth feel and extend the finish. As we Con o' Sewers might say...simply Yummy!

Cheers! :drink

But then...I also ride an R1100S!

I think that was the same RS they had on the floor at Sandia when I stopped in to get a new back tire for my S. Back in '08. Sure takes a long time to sell an RS. Wonder why? :scratch

PS. Still have the t-shirt I got in their shop while waiting for the tire mount. :)

BTW. That is a really nice color scheme on that RS...:dance

To the OP, any interested parties yet? Hope so!

B

I think that was the same RS they had on the floor at Sandia when I stopped in to get a new back tire for my S. Back in '08. Sure takes a long time to sell an RS. Wonder why? :scratch

PS. Still have the t-shirt I got in their shop while waiting for the tire mount. :)

BTW. That is a really nice color scheme on that RS...:dance

To the OP, any interested parties yet? Hope so!

B

Admittedly, if the OP would lower his expectations, he would have more options. My local dealer has one of those 2005 Boxer Cup replicas for sale at $7400 with 27,000 miles, but other offerings are available on Cycletrader.com

OP? What is that?

Hey, if it is the bike that you want, and the price is fair (I would offer $4500 and not come up past $4900 or $5,000, since there do not seem to be any bags or trunk, and the mileage is a little high), then go for it. I bought mine back in 2009 and have not regretted it for a moment.

However, I'll say this. By 2004, ALL the oilhead issues had been sorted. No surging, no final drive problems, etc. Only weakness is that the stick coils go after around thirty thousand miles or so. this is due to the dual spark plug design, which cured the surging. It gives you warning, though.

Not sure where you are from, but this has been in the showroom for quite some time. (assuming their website inventory is up to date) It was there a year ago when I last visited and for some time before that. in OH: http://www.sillsmotor.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=6197&pov=3213717

in TX: http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2004-BMW-R-1150-RS-(ABS)-112306480

in NC: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035024&highlight=r1150rs

Another one in OH
https://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/4907077983.html

I find it interesting that Bigsur52 has a RS and TR6…..since I too sport the extract same steeds :dance

I have to admit I love my RS - for a nanosecond I thought I made a mistake and should have held out for a S - glad I didn’t - the RS just fits into every category and does everything so well.

Good Luck in your search - I found mine three years ago with 1100 miles - it was (and still is) in showroom like condition.

Attachments

• IMG-20120630-00136 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-20120630-00136 - Copy.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 35
  • phoca_thumb_l_jamesmonde1.jpg
    phoca_thumb_l_jamesmonde1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 35
Back