• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Windshield suggestions for 1995 R100GSPD?

zenduddhist

Hi Folks,

Looking for a windshield for my 95 R100GSPD. I want something that is a bit taller and maybe wider to provide more protection against buffeting. My research so far seems to point toward one of the Parabellums.

Any comments or experience with the Parabellums?

Any other suggestions for windscreens?

How about suggestions for a deflector on top of the OEM windscreen?

And I don't want to make any modifications to the bike to accomodate other windscreens...

Thanks for the help,

Chris

The Parrabellum works, but it fell out of an ugly tree & hit every branch on the way down.

I liked how it worked, but I hated how it made the bike look. (that is saying a lot, because I am normally a function over form sort of guy that LIKES ugly bikes)

I have the large Parabellum on my 93 GSPD. On pavement I often use the extender that Steve provided the link to. Provides great protection. I've ridden just about every dirt road in Alaska and many in temperatures at or below freezing, and I often appreciated the screen. Here in Montana I rode it in near 100 degree weather and kinda wished I had put the stock screen back on. It ain't pretty for sure. I just recently narrowed mine a bit. The screen has indentations on each side that are designed to accommodate the hand guards. I cut-down the screen above the indentations so that it is the same width as the indentations. Looks much better in my opinion and was very easy to do. If I get motivated I'll trudge over to the shop and take a picture.

I have the large Parabellum on my 93 GSPD. On pavement I often use the extender that Steve provided the link to. Provides great protection. I've ridden just about every dirt road in Alaska and many in temperatures at or below freezing, and I often appreciated the screen. Here in Montana I rode it in near 100 degree weather and kinda wished I had put the stock screen back on. It ain't pretty for sure. I just recently narrowed mine a bit. The screen has indentations on each side that are designed to accommodate the hand guards. I cut-down the screen above the indentations so that it is the same width as the indentations. Looks much better in my opinion and was very easy to do. If I get motivated I'll trudge over to the shop and take a picture.

I'd luv to see a photo.........................:lurk

Not the best pictures, but here ya go.......

GSPDWindshield1.jpg

GSPDWindshield2.jpg

I agree with the looks and coverage

of the full-sized Parrabellum. I went with the SPORT shield. About 2/3 the size of the touring shield and about 50% bigger than stock.

It was perfect for me.

Back