• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Nolan N103

Does anyone know where I can get a Nolan N103? I need XL in a bright colour - preferably red :dance I can't get access to nolan-usa.com:dunno
I thought I wanted a HJC Sy-Max II. HJC is way behind in their orders. This helmet only comes in black, white and grey.

Nolan paid for a full page ad in the latest Roadrunner magazine. I hope that means we will see the helmet SOON!!:wave

So what's the difference between the N102 and N103? I didn't see anything in the ad that explained the difference.

Biggest difference, I'm told, is that the sun visor is internal.
Probably some other improvements/upgrades.

Biggest difference, I'm told, is that the sun visor is internal.
Probably some other improvements/upgrades.

It may be a misprint but the info at the link above to Competition Accessories says "VPS (Vision Protection System) - short dark shield mounted on the outside of the shell and moving independently from the clear shield with three positions". I have a N102 and an internal shade would be a real improvement.

Dave

I spoke to a Nolan dealer in the UK and was told that the internal sun screen can be adapted to the N102. Also he said that the N103 flipup visor covers for the visor pivot are different. that could be good, as I am on a first name basis with the nice lady at CIMA - I have gone thru four, as they seem to blow off with some regularity from my N102.

I am passing thru UK this week, will try to pickup a visor and try it out.

internal visor

so, just to confirm understanding. The internal visor is mounted to the pivots under the clear standard visor with different pivot mounting hardware? do you have to open the clear visor to open the internal?
That's different from every other internal visor'ed helmet, isn't it?

I tried one on in Germany a couple of weeks ago at the Held Factory Store. I don't believe a 102 will retrofit to the new shield. It is an internal shield much like the new Sy Max.

Back