• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

anybody have one of these?

I've used a $10 Throttlerocker for the last dozen or so year on my Airhead and it works fine for me.

I also have the Kaoko on my GSA, and very happy with it!Easy to set and release!

I have this Kaako unit on my R1200S for years. It works fairly well.

I now have one of these; it works much better.

both my 88 K100 and the 93 R100RS have a knurled thumb screw in the bottom of the throttle body. i keep 'em tightened down pretty hard and they work reasonably well, unless i'm going over.... certain speeds.

it helps a great deal to be able to just let go of the throttle every now and again on a long day.

Throttlemeister

I bought and installed the throttlemeister 4 weeks ago and so far it is working fine. I will be going on a 10 or 11,000 mile trip next starting next week, so that will be the real test. :dunno

Can you tell more about these. Do they hold as well as a TM or Kaako? Does the release spring back quickly? If this works and at this price, it's a killer deal

Works great, if installed and stays on. I have read about a few that split when removed to go another bike. So put on and leave on, and it'll work great.

If you have a slipping problem, put a wide rubberband beneath it.

I have a Bobs Wrist Rest and am happy with it. Same principle as the other bar-end types.

Used it last week to keep my speed at +/- 70 mph in a 65 mph speed limit because of accompanying fuzz. So many cages were going faster, he wasn't after me.

I bought the 2wheelride.com throttle lock a couple weeks ago after seeing the link on this thread. It really works great. $20 with free shipping is about as low cost as you will find for this kind of solution, but the best part is the 10 second installation with no tools. I had previously put together a pipe clamp with a thumb screw to work as a throttle lock, and it worked, but was inconvenient because you had to turn the thumb screw a number of times to get it enough tension to hold the throttle.

Back