• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

More GPS uncertainty

MarkF

I was looking at a Garmin Quest. It's smaller and cheaper than the 276c. Then I saw the 76c. It looked like the one I almost bought - the eTrex Vista - loaded with the 276c features. So I go to the website and what do I see - the StreetPilot i5. Does anyone know anything about this model? I know for the price and size it can't replace the 276c but can it do what I want? Find out where I am when I'm lost, get me back to where I started when I'm done wandering or let me establish a base route then store it. This stuff is so confusing to me.

I bought a 276c and absolutely love that thing! As for comparing it to other models, I would suggest going to gpscity.com. They have real time chat with agents plus their website can help you compare. Their prices are probably the best as well. tryGPS City .

Touratech have a great comparison page between all of the GPS units, as do Garmin themselves. The touratech site is very good though as it is a neutral site.

Gps

I've been using an eTrex Vista for the past three years. It includes all the features of much larger and more expensive units in a compact package, allowing it to be mounted just about anywhere on a variety of bikes. Okay, you might have to lean forward at times to read the smaller screen, but that's never been a problem for me. The control buttons are simple to use even with gloves. It's completely waterproof, vibrationproof and runs for days on a couple of batteries. What's not to like...

RWagnerfoto

Back