• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hauling companies?

lmo1131

Does anyone have any experience with motorcycle "hauling" companies?

I'd like to get a chair from Oshkosh, WI, out here to Oceano, CA.

No dolly on the chair, but could probably get the seller to strap it down to a standard wooden shipping pallet.

Thanks.

I used haulbikes.com to move a rig from North Carolina to Wisconsin. They did a great job. The sidecar must be attached to the bike and the whole rig has to be able to roll. The windshield on the Vetter fairing had to be removed as the height limit was exceeded. I think that it cost me around $350 total for the move and they delivered to my door.:thumb

I used Eagle One to get a BMW in Maryland to my home in Seattle in '07. I was very pleased with them.

I shipped my R90S off to its new owner in Alabama in '06. He used Keyboard Shipping. I think he was pleased, I only had to turn the bike over to Keyboard so didn't have direct experience.

What I liked about Eagle vs Keyboard was that the bike was on one truck via Eagle. I think the S saw three trucks via Keyboard getting to its destination (seems like a chance for damage the more the bike is loaded/unloaded). That said, Keyboard has their own, patented, pallets so moving from one truck to the other is fairly safe (and solves you're no pallet issue!).

Good luck!

Links below:
http://www.eagleoneexpress.com/
http://keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=7

Haulbikes.com

Hands down the BEST I've dealt with. I have moved numerous bikes across country. These guys are efficient and VERY professional. I recently had them pick up a bike in Las Vegas and then a chair in San Fran. The chair was not connected to a bike, but was secured to a (Home Depot) $20 dolly. No problem!
Awesome service from start to finish. They only move bikes - this is important when dealing with hauling companies.

Back