• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Easy Farkel Project

Semper_Fi

Honey Badger
Have been looking at various catalogs and noticed that on some the saddlebags had BMW lettering and not a reflector.

Can't stand the reflector - personal issue - moving on.

anyway I found out the part number and ordered a couple and put them on this morning - super easy.

The main thing to be careful of is getting under the reflector without nicking the paint, finally ended up using a very small screwdriver, the ones you use for eyeglasses, and just pull up the reflector cover and then, spent a good portion of 10 minutes cleaning off the old adhesive, gave it a once over with some alcohol and then applied the lettering replacments.

For those interested the part number is 46 54 7 706 271

Before:

DSC05526.jpg

After:

DSC05531.jpg

I think they look awesome

thats a nice clean look, I may consider doing the same.... I really wish the panniers still had mini roundels on them as well/instead of the reflective.

I like your sticker btw..

B-1

Thanks B1 - with a name like Semper Fi you know I would have something relating to the Corps on the bike. I noted from your signature line you have an RT, I think this modification works for all saddlesbags with the same style, as in the RT/R/GT. If you do plan to do it, just confirm

Have been looking at various catalogs and noticed that on some the saddlebags had BMW lettering and not a reflector.

Can't stand the reflector - personal issue - moving on.

anyway I found out the part number and ordered a couple and put them on this morning - super easy.

The main thing to be careful of is getting under the reflector without nicking the paint, finally ended up using a very small screwdriver, the ones you use for eyeglasses, and just pull up the reflector cover and then, spent a good portion of 10 minutes cleaning off the old adhesive, gave it a once over with some alcohol and then applied the lettering replacments.

For those interested the part number is 46 54 7 706 271
That is a great move! I have always thought the reflectors looked bad everytime I saw a marketing picture with the BMW LOGO!

Any legalities to worry about?

Back