• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Experience with Greater Boston Motorsports?

greggsnider

G Spot
I was recently in a minor accident. The damage is largely cosmetic - cracked/scratched bodywork, a scraped fork, and a good-sized dent in the exhaust tubing - and I walked away with only a few bruises, so I count myself lucky.

Greater Boston Motorsports, in Arlington MA, is the only BMW shop relatively convenient to my house. I use them occasionally for new tires, accessories, etc. They're the most likely shop for the repair work.

I've read a number of reviews on Yelp etc stating how awful their experience with GBM service was, and commenting on their insurance estimate process.

I have faith in MOA members' opinions (more so than random Yelp reviews), so before I hand my baby to GBM for the estimate and repair work, I'm curious about other riders' experience with them. Good or bad? Did work get done on time and within expected cost? Any other recommended service shops in the greater Boston area? Thanks!

I've not had *bad* experience w/GBM but the shop did not strike me as a place I'd bring my ride to for repair... soooo...

+1 for max... they pickup/drop off to my n.shore apartment... and in an emergency have scooped me up off 93 south around route 60... dropped me off at a t-stop! granted it wasn't the weekend before memorial day though. :brow

best wishes getting things sorted.

-tp

Free pick up & Tom's alright. And they get their parts from Max - sometimes cheaper or match price !

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I took the bike to Max's over the weekend, and they couldn't have been nicer. They had no obligation to take time out to put together an estimate for me. But they got me in and out in no time, with an accurate estimate, and a good feeling about having them work on my bike. I'll definitely be going back. Too bad it isn't closer...good people to b.s. with ;->

Just wanted to mention that even the best sometimes have problems. :) Like my bike which was returned (after Max's 6K service) missing it's fuel cap gasket and cover (#9 & #10). :dunno

B0005574.png

...not sure what they were doing in there but I sent a note to Tom hoping to sort it out asap. :scratch

-tp

Back