• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Electrical Connectors

tsweda

Can someone tell me the type/name of electrical connectors used on BMW bikes (e.g. Sumitomo, Furukawa, Packard-Delphi Metri-Pack, Amp Econoseal). I have a 2010 K1300GT, but I assume the same type of connectors are used on most BMWs.

I was wondering the same thing as I broke one of the crimped wires on my headlight assy on my R1200RT. I just used old fashioned solder to repair it, as I could not find a replacement.

Many of the connectors are available from BMW, but they're not easy to find on the fiche. For instance, on the K1300GT fiche from realoem.com, Group 61, Sub-group 13, shows this in the third pane (and there are more shown in the fourth pane):

Attachments

• 293.png
    293.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 218
My dealer could not find the connector I needed for my RT.

How good is your parts guy?

The BMW connector "repair" plugs are in the 83 30 0 4xx xxx part number range. The plug you need may or may not be there. 83 30 0 444 440 looks like a headlight plug (assuming you mean the one that directly connects to the bulb). BMW may have it, yet not sell it to you as the plugs are supposedly only for repair at the dealer.

The Group 61, Subgroup 13 plugs I cited above are also presented as "repair." OTOH, the parts list thereon says "Only for Repairs at Dealers," so as Marc says, they might not order them for you.

I think I remember someone on the R1200R board who had success in buying one of these plugs from Nippy Norman's in the UK.

How good is your parts guy?

The BMW connector "repair" plugs are in the 83 30 0 4xx xxx part number range. The plug you need may or may not be there. 83 30 0 444 440 looks like a headlight plug (assuming you mean the one that directly connects to the bulb). BMW may have it, yet not sell it to you as the plugs are supposedly only for repair at the dealer.

Not good with the fiche. We looked through his boxes looking for a match, no luck. Finally, I just soldered it.

Not good with the fiche. We looked through his boxes looking for a match, no luck............................................................................................................ Finally, I just soldered it.

works for me every time....somethings just aren't worth the effort:thumb

I wouldn't be surprised if they were made by NARVA.
A German company, very popular in Australia...not available in the US.

Back