• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Help! Need wiring instructions

Hello- I'm leaving for a 2 week trip tomorrow (Sat 8/9)- and I seem to have lost the install instructions for a Hyper-Lite kit for my '08 R12RT (it's the R1200RT II kit- with the 16 led's). I have the lights mounted on the bike and notched into the rear brake light housing- but I need to know which wires splice into which on the bike to get it working. It would be nice to get it working before I leave so if anyone happens to have a spare copy of the instructions laying around and might be able to summarize them here for me...like in the next few hours...that would be great!

Hyper-Lite Black Ground Wire - Brown

Hyper-Lite Gray Running Light Power - Gray w/Black Stripe or Red w/Green Stripe

Hyper-Lite Red Brake Light Power - Gray w/Yellow Stripe

This is right from their web site:

http://www.hyperlites.com/wiring.html

Thanks. I saw those- there were some additional, R12RT instructions where you can either choose to splice into the security wiring plug or get power from an ignition source/can bus helper.

Well I'm off to Glacier. Was having trouble getting ahold of the Hyper-Lites folks and thought I'd throw in that last ditch effort. They'll probably respond to my email in a few weeks when I'm back and I'll sort it out then. In the meantime I've instructed my passenger to flap her arms like a pterodactyl when she senses I've hit the brakes- that oughta get their attention and the gyroscopic forces will probably stabilize the bike.....;)

Back