• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

? BMW R1200 Dohc Air-Cooled Service & Repair Manual: 2010-2012

wvpc

Just wondering if any one has had a chance to peruse this publication yet?

BMW R1200 Dohc Air-Cooled Service & Repair Manual: 2010-2012. Phil Mather (Haynes Service & Repair Manual).

I searched and found zilch in the R1200 forum (hexhead/camheads-why do we need 2 names?). For $42 at the door, is it more useful at half the price, than the BMW CD? I do plan on getting the BMW CD someday-if I need it???

Does someone have both and can issue an opinion?

I searched and found zilch in the R1200 forum (hexhead/camheads-why do we need 2 names?).

There are actually three R1200 model designations, soon to be four with the liquid cooled version, ( pre 2005 R1200C/CLCs with older 1100 style oilhead engine, 05-'10 generation Hexheads, '10-? OH Cam version which is called the Camhead here...and the new gen liquid cooled model with a soon to be different name here as well. It's easier to narrow searches and advice down by each series as there are major/minor differences between all the models.

I have Haynes and/or Clymers manuals for most models... great resources but sometimes need to verify some printed values such as torque and fluids volumes. I have seen discrepanccies between factory info and aftermarket manuals.

On the newer '05 and up models , the factory CD-RepROM has done the job for me...some folks like to have the paper in front of them...some have an old PC in the shop and that works for them as well.

I got one of the '10-12 Camhead Haynes manuals through eBay UK when they were first released last year. Covers all the bases for the new engine. No need to shell out big bucks for the BMW DVD.

Between the Haynes manual and JVB maintenance video, pretty much every job is within reach of a do-it-yourselfer.

I went directly to the Haynes website and they don't show it. I'd love to have a manual and have been waiting for one to come out. I have JVB DVD's but I want a big ole honkin bible to accompany the DVD's. I have a 2010 RT and would like to learn more about the bike in general, particularly the wiring systems and how to add some extra driving lights n such...

I had a Haynes for my '05. I gave it away to a friend once I realized that I hadn't looked at it in over 4 years. I got tired at looking at the Haynes for a reason: I'd either see something that I thought to be the hard way of performing the desired task, finding a "the dealer must do that" note instead of a procedure, or not finding what I was looking for at all. I hope the current version of the guide is better than that.

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like it's worth the money. I think between the JVB DVD I own, the online forum(s), this new manual and the dealers shop ($) I have a handle on most maintainance issues without having to purchase the BMW CD.

If you keep an eye on Amazon available copies will pop up now and then. $42 from the UK included shipping.

I also picked up the Haynes UK manual for 10 to 12'.. and have JVB disc.. Good to go!

Manual seems very thorough and measurements are also given in US standards (not just all metric), etc..

Back