• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

k1200rs idling problems

never2empty

first time to log on.
In have a 2002 k1200rs that has given me 20k miles of trouble free riding in the last 3years. It recently started shutting down at an idle . No particular activity, like after a fast stop, just randomly while waiting at lights etc. The battery is 3 years old but is always on a battery tender. The bike just turned 48 k miles. Any thoughts? Thanks

problems gone

I followed several suggestions from several sights as to what the problem could be, checked out the possibility of vacuum leaks by spraying starter fluid at potential points. None discovered, but I found a thread on this sight titled "lessons learned changing battery." Bingo! the post battery change procedure.. when I followed that exactly the problem was resolved. After battery disconnect/ reconnect, before starting the bike turn the kill switch on then the ignition switch on and roll the throttle full hold four seconds and release 3 times then start. Thanks guys

Back